Taylor Swift makes history as she takes over the entire US top 10

She overtakes Drake, who held the previous record of nine top 10 singles in September 2021. Before him, the Beatles scored eight top 10s in 1964.

Swift’s chart domination is thanks to her latest album, Midnights, which has become 2022’s fastest-selling release.

All 13 of the songs on Midnights’ standard edition make the top 15, interrupted only by Sam Smith’s Unholy at 11 and Steve Lacy’s Bad Habits at 12. The seven bonus tracks from Midnights’ deluxe “3am edition” appear between numbers 20 and 45.

Part of its success is due to a clever marketing campaign, which saw the album released in multiple collectible formats - including four vinyl editions which combine to make a clock.

The album similarly tops the UK chart with sales of 204,000, making it the first album to crack the 200,000 sales barrier since Adele’s 30 just under a year ago.

However, she cannot replicate her domination of the US singles countdown - due to a UK chart rule that only allows three songs by one artist to appear in the Top 100 at the same time.

I know the face and I’ve heard the name but not her music … she’s doing very well without my support, though … :man_shrugging:

She has a huge fan base that she has nurtured over the years. She started out in country music where the fans are super loyal.

A really beautiful girl, and she actually has singing talent, which is pretty rare. In my 1 to 5 scale, where 1 is magnificently beautiful (and where 5 isn’t talked about) she’s an easy No 2, rising!

But what does she look like without the make up?

1 Like

I don’t care how she looks, without. To me, make-up isn’t there to only enhance features…to me, it IS A FEATURE, just as are chosen clothes, chosen jewellery and chosen shoes and chosen accessories. I like to keep the glass half full.

1 Like

1 Like

To me she looks nicer there but she is Ian’s fantasy so it’s not for me to comment :grinning:

1 Like

She looks fabulous in that picture, so I’ll add it to my fantasy favourites! :innocent:

1 Like