Tattoos - do you have any?

On my mind today since my son is thinking of a tattoo so this got me thinking…

You recall Carol started a thread in the members only section:
What did you look like as a teenager? where we all posted our pictures from our Youth - it was so interesting to ‘see’ you all .

Well, this thread is dedicated to tattoos (hopefully they’re in all the right places on your body) so please share yours :slight_smile:

Some are real works of art. All credit to the tattoists who draw them.

Personally, I’ve never been a big fan of doing something quite so permanent on my skin. One’s own attitude towards things changes over time and what one might love one day, one might really hate the next.

I’ve almost got a tattoo of a skull and cross bones on my left forearm.

Fair dos to those who like them ……me they are just body graffiti.

I have two, one on each arm. Both in the Celtic art style. A swan and a humming bird. I love them and they are easily covered if I want to do that. Stands back now and awaits the usual insults that I get when this subject is brought up. :094:

No insults here. I am currently tatooless, but I’ve considered changing that. Anyone pass judgment on you here is an idiot.:-):slight_smile:

Almost, what it’s drawn in crayon or something?:surprised::surprised:

The new 3D tats look great! In most cases.

Not for me I’m afraid, along with all other body piercings I’ve yet to see one that actually enhances the subject, but to each his own I guess. :wink:

I have zero tattoos but my husband has three. One being a huge ‘mom & dad’ on his arm. :blush:
I forget what the others are. :lol:
I’m not against them nor for them.

Of course not; that’s just silly.

I went to get the tattoo when I was seventeen, but when I got there I changed my mind. So I almost ended up with a tattoo, but didn’t. Nothing’s changed since I almost had a tattoo at seventeen, so I’ve still almost got one now. :102:

All my kids have them some more than the others.

Personally I don’t have any nor do I want any. My grandfather had a tattoo on each forearm done during the First World War, apparently one was his regimental badge, I forget what the other was but it was something similar. By the time I knew him they were just blue blobs with a bit of red and totally unrecognisable.

I wonder what the kid’s tattoos will look like when they reach their 60s?

Actually mine is probably an ideal age to get a tattoo they will still be perfect when they bury me.

In other words…. you chickened out :lol::lol::lol:
Ok that IS funny.

I don’t have any tattoos but I’m thinking maybe I should.
I don’t judge - I think it looks pretty great!

My son asked me what would I consider getting so I showed him this picture and he just rolled his eyes and said that’s not a real tattoo mom …

[ATTACH]16356.vB[/ATTACH]

I had a friend who knew a Scotsman, who went out and got drunk in Hong Kong one night. The Scotsman went to a tattooist to get a tattoo of a thistle on his upper arm. The Chinese tattooist had never seen a thistle before, so the Scotsman started to draw one on a piece of paper. He drew a circle, with diamond shapes in it, and a little sprig on top.

The tattooist said that he understood, and completed the tattoo whilst the Scotsman fell into a drunken slumber.

The next morning, the Scotsman woke up with a massive tattoo of a pineapple on his arm! :mrgreen:

(Don’t know if it’s true actually. Sounds like one of those urban myths to me. :smiley: )

Share some pics if you’re comfortable Roxy:-)

Did you run when they brought out the tattoo needle :069:

The brother had over 200 in places various - my SIL always said she would divorce him if he had them removed!

Personally I do not like them - but, as Barry said, to each his own.

Sounds fake to me :slight_smile: but who really knows for sure…

LMAO enough said.