Tasty Stuffing Ideas Wanted

With Christmas coming and the turkey will require stuffing, I would like some nice tasty recipes for stuffing, please.

I,like Thyme and Parsley stuffing and Sage and Onion Stuffing. I’m not sure about Chestnut stuffing as l don’t think, l’d like it but others might be interested to see a recipe for it.

When l have made Thyme and parsley stuffing using my mother in law’s recipe. It contained suet, breadcrumbs and an egg, hers was lovely, mine wasn’t so great!
These days, l buy Tesco Sage and Onion stuffing and tart it up with onions and butter but it’s not great.

So l wondered if anyone has a nice recipe for any stuffing, or can recommend a bought one.
Thank You.

1 Like

Paxo…sage and onion…good enough for me :+1:

2 Likes

Wishbone, I thought you might have one of your great, great, great grandmother’s stuffing recipes tucked away somewhere?! :laughing:

Aye she did a fair bit of stuffing in her time artangel fair play to her :wink:

1 Like

I always keep packets of posh stuffing that has cranberries in. Tesco, or Lidl/Aldi (one of them).

Just checked my cupboard. I have a pack from Asda, cranberry and clementine.

2 Likes

Sage, onion, sausage and breadcrumbs stuffing, can add some turkey livers if you have turkey or just without. Don’t need to add anything to bind it.
I like to stuff the turkey with it but it’s good cooked separately.

3 Likes

Pack of Sage and Onion, butter and a third sausage meat, black pepper and I like to add Garlic…. More as a side than a stuffing

Not a stuffing but a favourite side that’s goes great with a Christmas dinner, Sauerkraut, Butter and sugar roasted till golden is special

4 Likes

Yeah, the sausage meat adds lots more flavour.
Yummy!
Making me hungry!

3 Likes

I love sausage meat and stuffing mix. Usually do a mixture in a dish. That, plain sage n onion, and maybe a flavoured one (with apple or cranberry).

2 Likes

Thank You all for your stuffing suggestions.
I think, l will mix and match some of your recipe suggestions.

I bought fresh sausage meat from the Butchers and I will mix sage and onion stuffing in with it.

2 Likes

Sage and onion stuffing.cooked chopped onions, fresh breadcrumbs, sage and good quality sausages with the skins off

1 Like

I use the sausage meat from Richmonds.

1 Like

That’s what I do, along with some onions fried until they’re brown and caramelised.

1 Like

My sister-in-law in Portugal makes the most amazing stuffing. I don’t have the full recipe but it includes:

Calves liver, sultanas, pinenuts, whiskey …

:icon_cool:

1 Like

Sounds good, nice & easy.

1 Like