Tan my hide when I'm dead Fred

He fooled me,I thought he was OK
Not like Savile who was always creepy.

Poor old Rolf
He was not all bad .
RIP

2 Likes

Few of us are all bad but does the bad outweigh the good?

Apparently it does Mr Smith.
RIP Rolf…Loved your big brush art…

That’s a coincidence.
For the last few weeks,I’ve been seeing trailers for a new TV series about Rolf Harris (called Hiding in Plain Sight)
I think it may have already been broadcast.
I haven’t watched it but it must have been upsetting for his family to have all that bad stuff stirred up again, while Rolf Harris has been battling with a terminal cancer.

I must admit, I always thought Rolf Harris was creepy (I thought the same about Savile too) I wasn’t surprised when their behaviour became public knowledge.

Rolf Harris was my favourite as a child, loved his paintings, Coojee Bear, Shamus O’Shaun the Leprachaun, Tie Me Kangaroo Down, all of it

So I know it’s wrong but I can’t help being sorry at the way his life turned out and may he rest in peace

3 Likes

I did enjoy Rolf Harris’s painting and his music. He was talented. But you can’t reversed what he had has done and, in my opinion, negated any other positives.

6 Likes

Can ya see what it is goin to be yet? was he a ÂŁ10.00 pomme?

I really enjoyed watching Rolf paint was always so exciting.
I know it was terrible to be convicted of sex abuse, but I don’t believe he was all bad.

RIP Rolf

3 Likes

He never apologised to his victims although he did did write to the father of one (his daughters best friend) and said what he did to her was out of love…very weird man

For those of you who thought he wasn’t all bad , we’ll ask his victims , I’m sure saville wasn’t all bad using the same analogy, what if your child/grandchild was a victim of Rolf….

3 Likes

No his parents emigrated .

Thanks Muddy, you are very grounded for a person with such an artistic prowess.

Quite.Just because you found him amusing on the TV doesn’t make him any less of a paedo.

@Psmith I have mixed emotions where Harris is concerned because his early work with large brushes gave me the impetus to try it myself with large brushes … most effective I was too; BUT, I cannot forgive what he did to the vulnerable.
Later I was influenced by Bob Ross and his wet on wet technique with various brush sizes …again, to great effect :+1:

Are you still painting ?

1 Like

True
I saw Gary Glitter live an at a Christmas gig with my girlfriend at The Hammersmith Palais many moons ago.

A terrific event, the man was an entertainer … BUT!

There’s no way I could listen to his music now!

1 Like

You could never hear it without thinking about it, could you?
He was my mum’s favourite, she never believed it

What about other artists, painters, writers sculptors, like Graham Ovenden, Eric Gill, Arthur Clarke, possibly Lewis Carrol?

Does it stop you enjoying their work?

I take your point although I’m not well versed with any of those you mentioned and so I’m reluctant to comment on those particular individuals.

Gadd was convicted by a court of law of course.
Jerry Lee Lewis wasn’t particularly well received in the UK by some I gather although all a bit before my time. He wasn’t convicted of any crime in the USA as far as I understand.

That might not be entirely pertinent to this thread but food for thought perhaps?

Some seem to be able to get away with it more than others.Barry Humphries had his moments and in the rock world,Jimmy Page and Bill Wyman and a lot more probably.