Tai Chi - anyone tried it?

There were a few Gits, on the Estate, who had done a “Stretch”.

I have to replace painful yoga positions lol!

I follow these two channels on YouTube. The first one explains what to do. The second one gives you the health benefits background. You’ll see that those slow movements are incredibly beneficial.

https://youtube.com/@Taiflow

Blessed be!

I haven’t, loved the kata sequences in karate though.

1 Like

Ah yes karate… Weren’t we all into the Martial Arts at the time the song came out in a wee 45: “Kung Fu Fighting”.

I did karate and got the following belts: white, yellow, orange, green and blue. After hurting myself, twisted knee, I was off for a month. When I went back, a rowdy bunch had joined up.

After getting attacked and had to defend myself by myself, as the teacher just looked on. I got angry and left for good.

I love Chinese culture and the discipline. Beautiful movements.

1 Like

Carl Douglas on vinyl?
1973 I think.
Enter The Dragon showing at the cinema, an X film , I didn’t get to see it.
It’s in my Blu-ray collection now I hasten to add.

I wouldn’t even attempt to execute a roundhouse kick these days… The NHS has enough to deal with :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha! Yes, we were fearless with our kicks.

Was lucky as my gramps had a friend who managed a small cinema house in the neighbourhood. I got to see films about Bruce Lee and a deadly lady called “Lady Whirlwind, Her Story”

Jackie Chan’s collection anyone? The third Mummy film with Jet Li. The mother and her daughter are so graceful in their movements. Jackie Chan was an extra in one scene of a James Bond film: The Man with the Golden Gun! Favourite…

1 Like

I went to a class run by AgeUK today, it was amazing, so relaxing, I thoroughly enjoyed it. £5 for an hour

She started with a gentle warm up, then we did the 18 poses, then she talked us through a seated deep relaxation. We had a chair in front of us all the time in case we wanted to catch hold of it for balance

Is anyone else doing it?

This is the link to AgeUK exercise classes in case you’re looking for one

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/in-your-area/exercise/

I injured my knee when I was 32 and had 3 operations and 5 months off work. I was told I would get arthritis when I was older and would need a new knee eventually.

I did, I got a replacement when I was 58. It’s annoying I can’t bend it enough to ride a bike, they tried to bend it under anaesthetic and failed miserably.

The one thing I can do is swim. Fortunately we have 2 private schools in our market town, both have leisure centres including swimming pools which are open to the public and pensioner rates are brilliant.
Hopefully you will get your knees done sooner rather than later, but I don’t know what the current waiting times are. My husband is waiting for a hip, it feels like forever.

I tried Tai Chi once but it didn’t do anything for me

I love that scene, it’s one of my favourite scene from JB. When I was at University I did martial arts. One of our teachers had a girlfriend who looked like these girls and she was equally talented.