Switching Broadband providers

I have had an email from EE to say my miserable broadband with a phone line is to go up from £21 to £30 a month shortly when my contract ends and I notice there is now no ‘minimum speed’ :shock: it is currently 1mbps.
I can get 2.5 mbps on a good day .

I can switch to fibre with a minimum speed of 2mbps and a landline for £38 pounds a month for 24 months .

Or I can switch, after much research I am very tempted by Zen Unlimited fibre 1 at £29 including a landline.
There are cheaper offers (plusnet) but I want good customer service too.

Zen has the best reviews of services available to me in this poor location , has anyone experience of Zen.

We have been with plusnet for six years now Meg, their customer service we have found to be excellent and we get unlimited high speed broadband for £29.99 a month, never had to complain yet. :wink:

I have been on Zen for a couple of years - I have never had a problem with landline or broadband so I’ve never had to use customer service.

The company is business oriented so its’ billing procedures are a bit old-fashioned and its’ setup procedures are quite complex but if you enquired beforehand I’m sure that they would provide assistance.

Like Barry, I’m on PlusNet having been pee’d off with VM once too often. I didn’t have a standard phone line, so paid to have a fibre line installed - a more than reasonable £70, because I’d get that back in the money I saved by leaving VM. I get an average of 32mbs download speed.

I signed an 18-month contract with PlusNet at £22 per month including BB and (unused) phone line. My contract ends in December, when it increases to £33pcm (still cheaper than VM). Because I now have a fibre line installed, it gives me the option to shop around if needs be.

I was with BT for 10+ years.

The PO offered something a lot cheaper. I signed up to some sort of cancellable contract, got a call from BT offering more for less.

God, I hate this world we live in. I feel I’m being used. Grrr. You only get customer loyalty when the supplier gets desperate.

Thanks all :slight_smile: I will take your comments into consideration.

Because of where I live in the shadow of the hills, in a tiny hamlet at the end of the cable line my options are limited .

strange that! I thought everyone was at the end of the cable line. :wink:

FWIW we have been with Virgin Media for some years now. It includes our phones. Service has been excellent,.

Go with Zen Meg, it’s a no brainer as they say. I have my landline & fibre broadband with Zen. I don’t make a lot of calls, so my bill on average is about £35. The company is based in Preston Lancs, and have a good customer service, if you have any problems. They did,nt become number one by accident. I’ve been with them for years, go join me! :-):slight_smile:

Well I am at the end of the end Bazza :slight_smile:

Thanks Besoeker :slight_smile:

Hi John :slight_smile: I don’t make any calls, I use my little mobile for that but I take calls so it is £29 :99 for fibre . Zen have a good reputation and I like the idea of the price guarantee .

I am with TalkTalk fibre and they have upped their game over recent years. The only downside is that if it goes wrong you have to telephone Deltaland and they only work to a script.

Find someone who’s customer service is based in Britain if that’s possible.

Zen is the Way:

:heavy_check_mark: