Swimming

It’s been about a year since I started and it may take another year to be safely a size 12 or even (eek!) a 10
But I’m enjoying the interim changes.

1 Like

Swimming or slimming, Rhian?
I know you enjoy swimming but I’m thinking you meant to type “slimming” with your shapely figure there.:cool:
But if you’re swimming to slim, then I guess it would make sense :wink:

I wish I could swim!

I really like swimming a lot, especially ‘swimming in the wild.’ We have a lot of places to swim where we live. Most swimming I do on my own since my husband doesn’t know how to swim. Sometimes we go places and he will fish and I’ll swim. Just not in the same spot.

When I visit my parents house to help out I sometimes do the swim we did as kids which is a mile swim to the island. Then I walk back along the beach. It’s probably my favourite swim. I can see all the cottages and houses along the beach line.

Sometimes the water is really rough and wavy which creates a challenge but luckily the waves are going ‘with’ me and not ‘against’ me which can feel amazing. Its almost like being swept away.

It’s one of those experiences that is just as fun as it used to be as a kid; maybe more so cause there’s a sense of pride that I can still do it.

My other favourite place is closer to where we live. When I go there my husband usually looks after our dogs while I’m in the water. Neither one of them are really swimmers.

It’s a great way to lose weight and for loosening up our joints. It’s also great for arthritic relief . The overall body stretch feels amazing. It can be such a sensual experience. It’s great for the upper arms and tighting up those bat wings. Have fun. I thought we were going to see you in your swim suit. Lol

Pictures are of two different lakes I swim in

I love to swim and it’s helping me tone up as I lose weight. Best form of exercise as no pressure on joints.

I swam down part of the Martha Brae river in Jamaica once behind a bamboo raft…that was very special something I will always remember.

I love swimming in the sea best…it’s so easy because of the increased buoyancy. I should go swimming more.

Where’s the ‘After’ pic Rhian? :mrgreen: …(Please don’t hurt me :shock:)

Swimming or Slimming, whatever it is you are up to at twenty to three in the morning, it’s working. Looking good girl. :023:

ps. Next time you go shopping, get some light bulbs. :mrgreen:

That’s where women have the advantage. :wink:

I havent been swimming in a while but it’s my favourite form of exercise. That and walking.

Looking good Rhian.

Tuts…cheeky :slight_smile:

I love to swim and go Monday to Friday, 40 lengths sometimes 50 if it’s quiet, then I can get my head down and get moving.

Wakey wakey Rhian. It’s 11;37 and no sign of you. I have made you a nice cup of tea.

Swimming is great Rhian…I used to go swimming to a private pool twice a week and would do 50 lengths each time ,I found it very relaxing but hated going in the winter time…as too flipping cold to keep changing in an out of clothes:shock::confused:

Rhian, you’ve been in that swimming pool for over 12 hours now. You’ll have webbed feet and your fingers will be all withered and wrinkled.:shock:

Well done! Must make you feel great.

I don’t know how people swim that far. I can do about four lengths if I’m lucky and then sink.:confused2: Can’t get my coordination right with my legs and all I end up doing is flap around. I can’t even tread water. Again, I keep on drowning :102:

Muscle weighs more and you’re muscle bound.
It’s no surprise . Women, in general, are better proportioned for swimming than men are.

Some people are just not very buoyant. I don’t know why that is but my ex FIL was like it. He could swim but had to work twice as hard as everyone else.

The best swimmer I have seen was a black guy in Egypt. He could swim the whole length of the pool with barely a ripple. Everyone was fascinated by his style, even the life guards.

You still swimming Rhian? Been over thirty hours now :shock: