Swimfeeders Health Update

Hi Swimmy its awful getting old isnt it im sorry your struggling. Im pleased you are getting the help you need . Ive been staying in Surrey with my sister who has had a struggle and we were both saying we would never thought it would come to this ! Good luck with your new health food diet .

3 Likes

Hi

Thank you so much for your lovely post.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re still battling all this Swimmy, but pleased you are upbeat and looking into diet.

As a scientist, you might find the Carnivore Code interesting:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carnivore-Code-Unlocking-Returning-Ancestral/dp/035846997X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1701020679&sr=8-2

While it’s not the first diet I would suggest (as I think it’s best eased into) the book contains a lot of scientific references to, interestingly, foods which are bad for us (as well as of course those which are good).

I don’t agree with everything the author says (or does) but I do think it’s a very interesting take and would make most people look at food very differently if they’ve not been exposed to any of this stuff before.

Some of the worst things I think humans can eat tho are:

• Grains/pulses/beans (even if you take into account how difficult they are to digest)
  • Vegetable/seed oils
  • Processed sugar
  • Chemical additives/enhancers/preservatives/fertilisers etc

The Palaeolithic diet is usually what I suggest people look at first because it is so popular so there are lots of recipes online (basically meat, fish, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and some fruit) and then once that has been followed for 3 or 4 weeks to look into other diets like the carnivore diet.

Something you might find very interesting, is that Shaun Baker (a cardiologist) advocates the carnivore diet:

Here’s his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@ShawnBakerMD

Good luck Swimmy :023:

My son Is trying this diet he wants to lose a bib of weight .
I had never heard of it before .
Why does Fred Flintstone come to mind ?

Keep your spirits up Swimmy, and keep posting.

Aw, Spitty…what daily troubles you have to contend with. My thoughts and heart goes out to you. What an amazing attitude you have about all of this!
You are an incredible example of a positively remarkable man. I’d send you hugs, but you’ll only tell me to save them for later.
Is it later yet? :hugs:

1 Like

Sorry?

Good post Swim and am glad to hear you are defying the medics and proving them wrong about your longevity…
You are a great example to us all…All the best mate…
:+1:

1 Like

Hi

Thanks OGF,

I am still looking forward for a chance to meet you and
Mrs Foxy, but know it will have to be here in Shrewsbury.

I am trying to buy a nearly new, off road, mobility scooter, 12 inch wheels,and proper suspension with a range of 25 miles and join you for a ride out near me.

Mrs Foxy could decimate your credit card as Shrewsbury has the longest street of Independent Shops in the UK

1 Like

@swimfeeders , this was meant for you.
@spitfire , you know you are always in the back of my mind. Sorry is right…:blush:

Swimmy, thank you for starting this thread, you are a determined fighter who shows guts in handling your illness. It’s pleasing to know you are now receiving help with your needs.

Keep fighting, we are in your corner, :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hang in there, Swimmy!

Sounds good Swims wrap up well though .

greetings glad to hear the NHS is caring for you reasonably well if not from a distance - you do have and accept visitors heh?? - some say it raises the b/p others that it is essentially calming? - which way to go heh? I remember you from the early days - like BC summat but we all had different names except you - always a swimfeeder heh? - I think I have a similar life style to you actually but can still be walked by the dog - he comes and goes and disappears - I live alone and play with the internet and watch tonnes of good films and docos?

chin up - can you take drinkypoos these days??

Hi Swimmy, better order one for each of us, it’s been a while since I danced over rocks and stiles out in the wild places…
:sunglasses:
However, next year I’ve promised Mrs Fox that we shall drive down to the south coast and explore the beautiful Cornish coast. Should that promise become a reality, a stop off in Shrewsbury to meet my mate Swimmy will definitely be on my list of things to do…
:+1:

2 Likes