Surely Pineapple is great on Pizza?

Has to be better than the worse pizza topping, Olives.
Is there a worse topping than olives? Yech🤢
Always pick off any olives on a pizza.

Sorry can’t help.I don’t like pineapple or olives or pizza

1 Like

I don’t mind olives or pineapple as long as it is hot and spicy. Though to be fair I haven’t had a pizza for a couple of years, they are not something I think of buying.

2 Likes

I like pineapple, olives and hot and spicy. How about anchovies?

2 Likes

I like both olives and pineapple on pizzas - the thing I ask to be removed is anchovies

1 Like

Garlic bread is usually pretty bland in most restaurants!

1 Like

Anchovies are great too. The only things I really don’t eat are vegetables with the exception of carrots, peas, sweetcorn and spuds which I can tolerate if I have to eat veggies. (not that you get veggies on pizza)

3 Likes

No pineapple for me thank you.
Olives and anchovies, ok, which is the Marinara pizza. Some pizzerias in our country have unwillingly started serving ham and pineapple pizzas just to please tourists (gets the profits up!) and a few adventurous locals may try them, but I’m a fan of the traditional Napolitan Margherita - mozzarella and tomato.

Would you ever add pineapple to a good old portion of traditional fish and chips or a yummy shepherds pie? :smiley:

3 Likes

Pineapple on pizza is yum. Olives are good too.

Since I’m a dietary vegan, I don’'t get pepperoni or sausage or any other meat or cheese.

But veggies and vegan “cheese” and different sauces are all good. My favorite is eggplant with vegan cheese, deep dish style. Another favorite is thai peanut sauce with vegetables and bean sprouts.

1 Like

I remember back in the early 80s, Queenstown Tasmania.
Pizza place made the most delicious pizzas I have ever tasted.
No way can I remember all the toppings except two.
Grated ham being one. When all the toppings were added, a well beaten egg was poured over the whole pizza.
Really the best pizza I have ever eaten, never had a better one in all these years.

Well, you often get baby spinach or mushrooms or capsicum pieces - aren’t they vegetables?

Strictly speaking spinach is a veg (and something I don’t eat) but mushroom and capsicum are fungi and fruit respectively. I like mushroom very much, capsicum are merely OK

1 Like

Nothing fishy on my Pizza,everything else is fine.
I make my own 90% of the time.

2 Likes

I must admit all this discussion of pizza has awakened my interest in eating one. When my grandkids are down next week I might get one (or three)

Within walking distance I am spoilt for choice

The cheapies:
Pizza Hut
Domino’s

The sightly posher (and more expensive):
Crust
Julio’s Pizza
Pinocchio’s Pizza*

Even the leagues club does pizza

2 Likes

Hey @Bruce, since you said you haven’t had a pizza for a long time and you now have the urge to eat one, please, please, please find a good pizza place that serves you a real traditional pizza (wood - oven baked, if possible), you won’t regret it! :smiley:

pineapples, olives with anchovies on a pizza = yummyness

2 Likes

yes, pineapples and olives on a pizza :yum:

2 Likes

A thumbs up for pineapple on pizza here. Yum.

1 Like

I like both pineapples and olives - but not on pizza!!

:nauseated_face:

2 Likes

well I guess if you are getting very particular - but I doubt most people would exclude mushrooms and capsicums from being vegetables