Summer holidays overseas are "extremely unlikely"

I don’t even want to risk it away from here at present, we could have done a fair at the end of April when they are allowed to run them, but even that one I’ve said no to, it’s Malvern. We would have had to stay the night somewhere.

Let me go to beautiful Northumberland though. Discovered this beautiful part of the world because of coronavirus, so so glad we did. Stunning places to be found right on our own doorstep xx

You certainly won’t be visiting Australia our borders are closed and residents need a permit (and a valid reason) to leave.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

According to the experts(?) it is extremely unlikely that people from the USA and Europe will be allowed to visit Australia this year (too many Covid cases and variants) even if the borders open to some other countries.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to go to Wales yet?

Hi

Not allowed yet.

… need a haircut?

Well done Australia, , I’d be happy just to get back to shopping normally

Is this the guy in the news who travelled from England to Wales for one, D00d? That made me laugh, what an idiot!

I trust Young Muddy would never consider it.

It’s always going to be a temporary thing Scot, considering that protection from the vaccine only lasts six months (and that’s a very optimistic forecast Scot) so I’ll just wait and see what is going to happen. I don’t think there will be a national rollout of vaccinations every six months…:009:
There are lot’s of people who will not have the vaccination either, so companies will soon learn that it’s best not to be too selective of their clientele…:cool:

Australia has the right attitude Bruce, better safe than regretful.

Though my trip to Australia and New Zealand are still in the works, I won’t have any argument about postponing. I’ve always thought that to be a traveler you should be well-received by the people in the places you are visiting.

When people from out-of-state visited my area during lockdown in throngs, in hopes of getting away from their own state lockdowns and avoid crowds (which they ended up creating) :roll:, it was extremely frustrating. They played on the beaches when I wasn’t even allowed to run on mine. Within a month of the tourist tide, we went from no cases of C-19, to dozens. As you can imagine, those visitors created a lot of local hostility.

From a travelers’ point of view, I also hope to travel freely, enjoy the state parks, museums, and restaurants. To arrive one to discover that they might be closed, would be very disappointing.

I don’t want to be a “bad gringo”. :lol:

Don’t worry you will be welcomed once the borders are reopened; remote areas like Cairns, NW WA and NT are crying out for overseas tourism to restart.

The farming sector is crying out for European/US backpackers to return as their main source of labour.

I will be grateful for that welcome, but rest assured, I am not coming one moment sooner. I really do respect the efforts of countries to put their citizens first, regardless of the issue.

I had heard that college kids liked moving through the wine regions in different countries to support their travels, but I didn’t realize that was the case there. What crops do they typically harvest?

it’ll be a picnic on the garden here…maybe a barbecue with all the family around thats if I can ever find the barbecue under all the packing cases:)

Except for grain, you name it, they pick it, generally speaking we don’t import any food for bio security reasons and export 65% of our produce, because of our climate there are often two crops a year too. Backpackers are the only way these harvests get collected, at the moment a lot is rotting on the ground, or farmers have reduced their plantings because of the lack of labour.

Not only that but every outback roadhouse or pub is staffed by a smorgasbord of European and American accents., it doesn’t matter how remote the place is.

When I went travelling late last year the lack of European backpackers in the caravan parks was really noticeable.

They sell an excellent Aussie red wine here Surfermom…It’s called ‘Yellowtail’ I like the merlot best, but I’ve got a bottle of shiraz in the cooler for Sunday Dinner…:smiley:

Trying to arrange accommodation for our fair in June & the other dates at Malvern. Every b&b we’ve tried everywhere is booked or only taking two nights minimum. It must be a very popular place to visit, or they are all coming to ‘our’ fair.:lol:
It could be back to the Premier Inn again, unless they are booked too, was trying to avoid that.

Have you searched for these on Tripadvisor ?

Daughter is doing it at present, after I came up with nowt. I told her if no joy we’ll have to go back to the Premier Inn. B&B’s are better though as most have independent outside accommodation, ie, in converted barns, cow sheds etc.