Suella Braverman and homelessness

Suella/Cruella is an evil witch, as was Thatcher :icon_mad:

Shame Sunak has no back bone otherwise he would have sacked her the moment she uttered those words.

2 Likes

Perhaps a bad one Mr Smith…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Sunak probably agrees with her, that’s why she’s still there Azz…

1 Like

I think she will become the next leader of the Tory party .
It’s pretty obvious that Labour will get in unless something drastic happens before the next election .
They will finish the job of ruining the country .

There are a lot of children, people who don’t use X (Formerly twitter) and people who don’t give a damn Boot. Even taking into account the watchers and bots, it’s still going to amount to lots of people. And then there are those who agree with her but don’t contribute to X (Formerly twitter)…How long are we going to persist with this silly bracket thing… :009:

I never had an Account on Twitter and I don’t have an Account on X - that has no relevance to this discussion, though.
It does not change the fact that you have not been able to provide any figures or evidence that backs up your assertion that “most people” think the same as Kate Hopkins - I could just as easily assert that “most people” thInk society would be better off without attention-seeking people like Katie Hopkins spouting nasty comments, designed to stir up outrage.

I sincerely hope the majority of the people in this country do not think like Katie Hopkins - I’m glad to say I could never think like she does and neither would my family and friends.
I would hope the majority of folk are more compassionate than she is.

1 Like

Well most people that I have spoken to agree with Katie, so as far as I’m concerned, that’s most people…I also know that some trees lose their leaves in winter, but I shan’t go and count them just to prove a point… :009:

That takes us right back to a previous poster’s comment - if your impression of what “most people” think is based on what the people you know think, then it depends on the circles you mix with.

In my circle of family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances, most people do not think anything like Katie Hopkins, so as far I’m concerned “most people” don’t agree with her.

That’s why terms like “most people” are subjective unless you can provide objective evidence to back up your opinions.
We can all come out with unsubstantiated statements to suit our own bias. :wink:

1 Like

You need to widen your circle of friends OGF… most people across the world probably agree with the YouTubers:

:081:

(Personally I think she has some sort of mental health issue - she’s not all there and I don’t know whether to feel sorry for her and wish she’d get treatment, or just accept that she is one of those people that was just born broken)

2 Likes

Lots of people agree with her sort though.That’s what’s so scary.

I’m sure some old Thatcherites have perked up over Braverman.
Doubt if she would be as ruthlessly efficient though.

3 Likes

In a way I hope she does replace Sunak - hopefully it will be even quicker getting the tories out then! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Why doesn’t that surprise me boot…
In order to comment on other people and their opinions we must first walk a mile in their shoes, or we could argue that you are not equipped with the relevant knowledge to discuss the topic…

What does that mean?
You may not realise it but one does not need to have a Twitter / X Account to be able to read messages that other people post on Twitter / X.
Also, Katie Hopkins used to air her views on other media outlets too.
I thought she was a nasty piece of work when she was a contestant on The Apprentice - since then she has been a columnist for The Sun and the MailOnline, then worked for LBC - she was sacked from the last two for her hate speech - and her comments have been reported by other media outlets too, so there’s been plenty of opportunities for folk who don’t use Twitter/X to have enough knowledge of the opinions and style of rhetoric that Katie Hopkins spouts to form an opinion of her.

(PS - has Katie Hopkins ever walked a mile in the shoes of the people she writes nasty things about? I doubt it!)

1 Like

What! My YouTube channel has 12 subscribers and I thought I was doing really well.

1 Like

Have you seen Suella Braverman’s shoes?

or Katie Hopkins shoes:

17952835_1261945930520668_9180568372992852279_n

You’re a braver man than I Gunga Din, I couldn’t get two metres never mind a mile.

1 Like

No prominent politician should voice such a judgement until after they have lived, for 3 months, the life of a typical version of those they are belittling!

(1) No bodyguards, (2) nothing but benefits (applied/waited for), (3) no access to savings from before the 3 months begins, (4) walking to shops, (5) no protection team, (6) no fortified car, and (7) no special favours, (8) no expenses, (9) only the food they find in local shops - once they’ve lived that, and have been the victim of a violent crime and found that the police don’t come to talk to them until a week later, then I’ll have respect for those politicians, and I will be ready to listen to what they say!

3 Likes

Looks like them Ladies are going “Glamping” :icon_wink:

I think Suella makes a good home secretary, she is just doing her job, it’s what she gets paid to do…I commend her for being noticed if nothing else.
How many other home secretary’s have been noticed and commented on. Most people don’t even know who the previous home secretaries were or what they did. They probably just sat in a stuffy office stamping and signing documents and were oblivious to the general public.

Teresa May was very much noticed and commented on when she was Home Secretary, so was Priti Patel - not to mention some from the distant past who are still remembered now and were very much noticed and commented on during their tenure as Home Secretary - how about
Lord North, Robert Peel, the Duke of Wellington, Lord Palmerston, Winston Churchill, James Callaghan …

and I agree with her on the “No Tents in city centres” thing. Allow that, and we’ll have millions with disposable tents on staycation.

1 Like