Sub post office scandel

No one cared about patterns, that is par for the course.

I know, like most who have followed this story, that no money is really physically missing but, I’d just like to know where the heck it disappeared to.

Sorry for coming in late I forgot to"watch this thread " so I’ve missed the latest replies

Watching the documentary and having worked the horizon system was upsetting . Those poor post masters and it was known a bug was in the system.
At the start of day I would sign to say I had a certain amount of cash in the drawer . At the end of the day I had to make sure exactly the same was there with receipts from the system . Often we were short a few pounds here and there but our boss must have covered it . As I said 350 transactions to learn and it was difficult. These were the days when the PO did car tax and premium bonds. I remember on Christmas eve a man wanted £30000 in premium bonds the transaction took me at least 20 minutes and I was worried sick I would make a huge mistake in the noughts . I did it but it was quite intense. I didnt like the huge responsibility to be honest . The pay was £5 an hour from 8.30 am to 5.30 PM yet I never got out until 6.15 PM or later due to money differences and was never paid a penny more .

I was relieved when I left

and no one could fix a little glitch in the program?? the mind boggles - almost as bad as someone like Boris unable to run the country heh?

Because the “bosses” were saying, all along, there are NO GLITCHES in the program so, what is there to fix in the bosses’ eyes?

1 Like