Stuff the British Stole

there’s a lot more need repatriation than museum artificats like money value accrued over the centuries ; slave labor debts for example

You going to pay it then ?

negotitions continue …me I live in an Aboringinal community and pay every day? and you?

It ain’t my fault, just join the masses it is so simple.

1 Like

What exactly do you pay ?

Not to mention the British themselves .
My ancestors never stole anything most ordinary people didn’t have the wherewithal to go gallivanting to foreign parts and nicking or buying their artefacts .

The Ta Nea daily newspaper reports that British Museum chair George Osborne, the former chancellor, has been holding secret talks with the Greek prime minister.

According to the Ta Nea daily newspaper, behind-the-scenes meetings with Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis first took place in London in November 2021.

Mr Osborne held “exploratory talks” with Mr Mitsotakis about the fate of the classical Greek sculptures at the Greek ambassador’s residence in Mayfair. He has since met the Greek foreign minister and the Greek state minister.

The paper reports that this week, while Mr Mitsotakis was in London, he again met Mr Osbourne - this time at London’s Berkeley Hotel.

It is unlikely, though, that anything other than an official, permanent return would be enough to satisfy the Greek government.

Small steps … :slightly_smiling_face:

commitment of course to the cause!!

no just the sailors conscripted by thugs?

So in fact you don’t pay anything .
All talk and no trousers .

depends how you define ‘pay’ sounds like all you can see is dollar signs?

Which is exactly what those who seek reparations want .

how little you understand my child ; well time for you bedside story now about the witches and hobgoblins and giants! oeerr!

But, they benefitted in some way?

How ?

Normal folks now have wherewithal?

Translation ?

he is the big translator - you can’t get any bigger how long yoou bin here?

Tonight’s episode was about the return of of the head of Yagan a warrior shot in the back having a price on his head, the head was taken back to England, where it went missing.

After he was shot dead, his head was cut off and his back was skinned in order to obtain his tribal markings.

The head was shipped to England to be studied and put on display and it was eventually buried in Liverpool’s Everton cemetery in 1964.

The Noongar tribe campaigned for decades before it was exhumed and returned to Australia.

Previously:

1 Like