Strike - Lethal White BBC1

The new 4-parter from JK Rowling. Part 1 was on last night. Good start. Part 2 is on tonight.

Excellent! I loved the first series (or 4 parter) … will wait till it’s on iPlayer.

love it too , glad to see it back on

Watchable but not over exciting.

Very enjoyable. I’ve loved Tom Burke since “The Musketeers”.
I wish Strike and Robyn would get together. That husband of her’s is awful.

Yeah … it’s a love story, primarily.

The, slightly grimy, west end setting is so familiar to me … brings back my heyday. :smiley:

I have been watching it, and enjoy it, but find Tom Burke don’t half mumble a lot.

I thought the same his speaking voice is not distinct.
He was born with a cleft palate I wonder if that affects it.

Ah, that is probably why then Muddy. I didn’t know that, although I could see the scar on his top lip from a hare lip.

I would perhaps only notice this, as my son was born the same, but fortunately his palate was not affected, just the external top lip. He was operated on at 8 months old to put it right.

That’s what I thought. I really liked the previous ones but this series seems a bit bland.

Oh to be in Holiday. :wink:

I have never seen a previous series. Was it the same couple starring before?

That’s precisely what we said last night. Me thinks this series is very much a love story between the 2 of them.

Yes.

Yes, the charming Holiday Grainger and … some bloke. :lol:

I’m enjoying it but why does everything have to be filmed in the half-light? Between struggling to hear what Striker is saying and straining my eyes to see what’s happening half the time, I’m exhausted at the end of an hour.

Doesn’t usually make a difference unless it was an extreme clft palate. It’s in our family
. My father had it and I have cousins with it. Also a nephew.

Some bloke? Some bloke!
Poink!
:075:

He’s gorgeous! I think his scar gives him an attractive look.

I don’t think he’s gorgeous at all and wondered why he is being played as super attractive ?

Loving it :023: His limp seems to have miraculously disappeared!
Read all the books and the 5th one, “Troubled Blood” on sale in a couple of weeks.

:lol::lol:

Did you see him in War & Peace btw? Dolokov (pardon me!:shock:) Great acting.

:lol: I noticed that. In the first series he couldn’t walk too far without his leg hurting but it doesn’t seem to bother him now.