Strictly Contestants revealed (2011)

What a great line up for next week and yes it will be hard to predict a winner. Saturday nights wont be the same when its finished :slight_smile:

I will really miss it, it has been the best Strictly yet in my opinion.

Merlin also comes to an end soon … whatever will I do on a Saturday night then!:shock:

Yes I think its been the best Strictly as well. I guess the next thing is Dancing on Ice in the New Year :slight_smile: whch I like as well, not quite as much as Strictly though :slight_smile:

I hope we get some good new programmes starting in the new year. Looking forward to Great Expectations which starts after Christmas

I think the right three couples won tonight :-).

I am surprised some of you think it is the best series so far :confused:, I think the format has gone down market with too much silliness and video clips.

Meg, I was referring to the quality of the dancing which I think gets better each year. I don’t like the silliness and video clips either, its very stupid and unnecessary. I saw something on tv the other week, I think it was points of view, and lots of viewers had written in saying they didn’t like them either and wanted to actually see the dancers in training!

Did everyone enjoy watching the Military Wives?

I agree about the video clips too, unnecessary and the time wasted on them could be replaced by a Professionals dance.

Yes, I enjoyed watching the Military Wives too, they are making quite a name for themselves now, aren’t they:-)

Yes they are which of course is great for their cause :slight_smile: Wonder if they’ll be no. 1 for Christmas? I’ve heard the X factor single and don’t really like it, so in my eyes there’s no competition :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I don’t watch X factor so I haven’t heard their single at all…

Oh I see :slight_smile: sorry both I thought you meant the programme rather than the dancing which is always good .

The MW were good too but the singing didn’t have the same poignancy for me as when they first sang the song in the series and at the Festival of Remembrance when you could really feel the atmosphere was charged with emotion.

I love Dancing On Ice too but am disappointed Holly has been replaced by that Christine person who used to be on the One show with that awful man Chiles and the judge Jason Gardiner has been replaced.

Oh I know, I’m disappointed as well as am not a fan of Christine and couldn’t stand her and Adrian on the Breakfast show, so am hoping that she’ll be better on Dancing on Ice.

I heard that Jason had gone as well and have a feeling that Karen Barber is back, not sure about that though.

Finals night at Blackpool!:smiley: Think we’re going to be in for a treat tonight and I’m just thankful I won’t have to pick a winner … it’s going to be very tight!

Oh… and don’t forget the winner will be announced tonight at 9:00pm!

The results of the OFF poll are:

Harry & Aliona 7pts
Chelsea & Pasha 6pts
Jason & Kristina 0pts

(Holly and Artem had 1pt and Alex and James 0pts but both were voted out last week.)

Thanks for the summing up Mags :slight_smile:
I am not altogether decided about the winner :confused:, they are all so good .We will see on tonights performances :smiley:

Thoroughly enjoyed Strictly tonight at Blackpool :smiley: All three of the finalists gave excellent performances, and that’s all I’m going to say, just in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

What a brilliant night, they all danced well … to be honest I would have been pleased with whoever won.:slight_smile:

I’ll also keep the winner to myself just in case someone hasn’t watched it yet!:wink:

They were all very good but for me the right one won :slight_smile:

Yes agree they were all very good and I would also have been happy with any one of them winning, so happy with the result.:smiley:

Yes, i thought the winner just had the edge on the other two.

What I did like about all three finalists was they were all lovely down to earth people … no showing off, in fact I would say the three of them were very modest.

Yes I agree Mags, I think Harry and Chelsee were quite shy to start with from what they’ve been saying on It Takes Two, and the dancing has given them more confidence. Yes all three are lovely people :slight_smile: