Strictly Come Dancing faces its worst crisis yet — a fake tan shortage

Shocked Strictly stars face a worldwide shortage of fake tan. Chemical supplies used to make the bronzer are drying up, with prices up from £12 to £103 per kg.

Strictly is facing its gravest crisis yet - a worldwide shortage of fake tan

Stars such as Craig Revel Horwood, 56, are understood to be ‘terrified’ at the thought of having to appear pasty-faced, like on this image:

Strictly’s make-up artists go through at least 57 litres of fake tan each series.

The show’s tanning guru Carrie Marsh said: “It’s awful. Some companies just can’t get hold of it. Strictly won’t be Strictly without the fake tan. The viewers and contestants love it. They will be mortified if they can’t get their tan.”

Lack of workers, delivery problems, a halt to production during the pandemic and an increase in demand have led to a shortage of ethoxydiglycol, a solvent used in fake tan.

Ethoxydiglycol is also used in some make-up, shampoo and pharmaceutical products such as creams and lotions.

Wot, no ethoxydiglycol … :scream_cat:

1 Like

This made me laugh! Oh I expect the show will get axed now, unless someone comes up with an alternative. Get some strong tea on their faces, that’ll work! :+1:

A good generous brushing with Guinness will do the trick :wink::point_right::+1:

Should all else fail:

:brown_circle:

1 Like

Can’t they use boot polish like the Black and White Minstrels?
A lighter shade obviously.

1 Like

And best to avoid oxblood:

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

One day the Cuprinol man will be a contestant. :icon_wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t dance with him…he’s a bit wooden… :blush:

1 Like

He could be one of the presenters then

2 Likes

Another option. I believe it was popular in ww2. Or was that for fake stockings?

57 litres of fake tan a year?
That’s crazy. I’d get used to pasty white.

The whole thing is fake probably so the tan would have be too.

Oh no, they’ll have to stay pale and interesting.

Or improvise….they painted on strong tea for stockings in WW2 and then drew on a seam!

2 Likes

Tea Staining…that has opened up a Whole Can of Worms for me…
but not related to Tans or Dancing only STAINING…but Fake it was…
I’ll write up about it soon…no smoke without a fire :innocent:

2 Likes

Nice

but green is topical

1 Like

haha! Love this! It suits him better, with that inane grin :joy:

1 Like

Notice the constant new trend…DianneWoollie, 73 … gosh…she only has a few spare tubes…

1 Like

When you see the best 10…note the names lol :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m one of the lucky people who do not burn and I’ve never used any kind of sun lotion. My wife on the other hand (a Swede with bleached looking white skin) burns at the first hint of any sun and has to slap it on like there’s no tomorrow.

2 Likes

I was a freckles child, so have always had to be careful…although I have suffered burns…stroppy child on Holiday once, go and lay down on the beach sulking and wake up overcooked…very red and very sore where’s the calomine lotion back then…
I found that as long as I shaded mostly I was ok…As long as I can remember I have used the fake tans…they do make you look better…feel better as well.
Two years ago I suddenly became very oversensitive to the suns rays, so much so the Winter with or with obvious sunshine I was getting red skin on my face…I purchased a good quality factor 50+ and wore that every single day…This last summer it stopped almost completely…So still use the 50+ on just the very bright hot days now…Fake tanning I continue with using that… :smiley:
p.s. My Sister had an easy to tan skin…Blond[was]… blues eyes and no freckles…I am the opposite in just about every other way…we are both have a quick temper at times though… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes