Strictly 2014

That’s true Meg, if you like the programme, it will still be enjoyable even if they’re not famous ‘stars’. It just makes me laugh when some are introduced as stars - and they’re not. That was why I questioned what one has to achieve in order to be a ‘star’. :slight_smile:

Strictly Come Dancing 2014 Line-up

Frankie Bridge - Singer

[B]Judy Murray - Tennis Coach

Alison Hammond[/B] - Reality star

Thom Evans - Rugby

Simon Webbe - Boyband (Blue)

Mark Wright - TV/Radio Presenter

Sunetra Sarker - Actress (Casualty)

Jake Wood - Actor (Eastenders )

Steve Backshall - Naturalist

Scott Mills - DJ

Pixie Lott - Singer

Caroline Flack - Presenter

Jennifer Gibney - Actress

Gregg Wallace
- Chef

Tim Wonnacott - Presenter (Bargain Hunt)

Launch night is Saturday 6th September.

The curtain-raiser to the new series, which starts proper with a double bill on Friday 26 and Saturday 27 September, will see the celebrities give their first group performance.

Thanks Mags :slight_smile: I hadn’t seen the full list .
I like Tim Wonnacott he used to be on the Antiques Roadshow :cool:

Some I’ve heard of-some I haven’t!Roll on the start of the series.

I’m looking forward to seeing Tim dancing Meg, I would never have thought of him joining Strictly! :smiley:

Thanks for the info Mags :slight_smile:

Tim is the only one I’ve seen that I can recall, although the name Pixie I’ve heard of.

Will miss lots of the early programmes, as we go away 27th Sept and will be missing all October.

Hi Valice :smiley:
I’d have re-scheduled, sad but true :-p
Only heard of 2, makes no difference though …
Thanks Mags :slight_smile:

I think ‘Cathy Brown’ from Mrs Brown’s Boys is also joining the line up?

Like with most of the previous shows, I’ve only heard of a couple of them. However, once it gets going I feel that I’ve known some of them for ages! It’s that sort of programme isn’t it? Sort of draws you in!

The only one on that list that I have heard of is Sunetra Sarker - she was a veterinary nurse in the series “The Chase”.

Don’t know about Claudia Winklesomething - but even if she is a total moron she will be an improvement on Bighead Bruce!

I’ve never watched that show Fran so not sure who Cathy Brown is … there is another actress from the show, Jennifer Gibney, included the line up though.

Yes that’s her! :smiley:

Never watch Strictly, but I am aware they usually throw in a wild card just to balance out the usual typecast suspects, two notable previous names being Anne Widdecombe and John Sergeant, don’t recognise most of the names on the current list so. who is the token this time?.

[/B]
Tim Wannacott probably - Anne will take some beating though, she was great :-p

Strictly launch show on tonight:-)or:-(?
I’m a :smiley:

I’m a :smiley: too … :-p

Yay!!! :-d :-d :-d

I’m a :smiley: too.

I’m going to settle down too…love it.:smiley: