Strictly 2014

I have to say several weeks ago I thought it was Pixie’s for the taking. Then she went out and I was sure it would be Frankie to win. But now I have to say the right person won it. Caroline was incredible and a very worthy winner.

Really enjoyed the show tonight. The dances were great all of them, I even enjoyed the group dance with the other contestants.
Caroline’s show dance was probably what won it for them.
What to do now on a Sat eve, no ‘dancing on ice’ as it’s finished.

It’s been an excellent contest this year but it’s a pity Pixie was not in the final instead of Mark, it might have been a different outcome yesterday. I’d have loved to have taken part in it…50 years ago !

Yes, Strictly turned out to be one of the best this year. I had my doubts when the line up was announced as I had no idea who the majority of them were.

Mark and Simon can feel very proud of themselselves reaching the final as they were complete beginners and achieved so much. :slight_smile:

Brilliant show and worthy winner. What to watch on Saturdays ? Back to putting a DVD on I would guess.

Yes its coming down to lots of rubbish and a few good things on telly over the Christmas period. Most of which I shall not be watching but will be recording. That way I can sort out the wheat from the chaff but more importantly I can fast forward through all the damned adverts.

[/B]
Me too Alan ! :slight_smile:
I voted for Frankie last night, I thought she was fab throughout - I’m at a loss now, love the show so much :frowning:

The group dance with the contestants was so well thought out, thought it was great, kept it I have :-p

Wish I’d thought to record the whole thing! Super show, worthy winner. Their show dance was wonderful, though I did enjoy Frankie’s “Fred & Ginger” number - well actually I enjoyed all of it. Big hole in Saturday night’s viewing now.

We always keep our favourite dances Sue, have quite a collection now, nice to look back at them :slight_smile:

Wish I could remember names - who was the dark-haired actress (wearing a red dress) who won doing the jive a couple of years back? I loved that.

Jill Halfpenny ?

that was 2004 sue,as patsy says,jill halfpenny

Any of the 3 could have won, we were routing for Frankie, and thought Caroline’s Cha Cha was lacklustre.
Not much ballroom done in the Final, the nearest was Frankie’s show dance.

I’m puzzling why several references were made about it being the last time Frankie would dance with Kevin, but not said about the others. I wonder if Kevin isn’t going on the tour, and that was why she was being marked down by Craig in particular, who is the only one of the judges who will be on tour.

Good point
I voted for Frankie too - I thought she bettered Caroline

So did I

Thanks Patsy and Doc, head like a sieve me (for names anyway). Was it really 2004? Oh my…

Yes 10 years ago …re Frankie and Kevin I think they all made reference to it being the last time they would dance together at some point, mostly they said it themselves.
Pasha is on tour with his own show and won’t be on tour with Strictly, have got tickets for that in the New Year.
Frankie was great but not as polished a performer as Caroline, who was a worthy winner.

Caroline was a trained dancer and given that fact, Frankie did ‘very’ well and was the winner for me …:slight_smile:

I agree, I think we said before need 2 shows one for professionals like caroline and one for non dancers.