Street Photography again

So, I was at a friend’s place last night, looked out the window, between the shutters, the sun was low, shining down the street. I grabbed his camera, it was in aperture priority mode, f/8, I turned the EV wheel down to -2 and two seconds later this girl came along, I was focused on the wall behind, took a shot. Looked at the result and found there was another girl there. Quite pleased with that, I waited for something else to appear, but nothing, then the sun went behind a cloud.

1 Like

Great capture d00d - I love these kind of candid shots.

Thanks … but not everyone approves!

1 Like

No, I agree, not everyone does. But I honestly don’t understand why - we are living in a time where everyone is photographed without their knowledge/permission. All those CCTV cameras, to say nothing of the camera in everyone’s pocket these days, i.e. their smart phone! We’re probably all in the background of someone else’s casual shots. There’s nothing we can do about it :102:

We could all stay at home in our own little bubble.

:wink:

1 Like

Nextdoor community website here in west London have people daily posting videos from their security cameras. Insisting somebody passing was acting suspicious.

he looked at my bike, he might have been on the look out for Amazon parcels, etc.

That’s bad: half the time they are labelling innocent people as dodgy.

1 Like

That’s shocking d00d! I thought there were laws in place to stop security cameras capturing anything beyond your property’s boundary?

Well I’ve just looked into this, and it’s all to do with the DPA and the rights of people inadvertently caught on home security systems outside the boundary of the property. They can make a request, either verbally or in writing, for a copy of any footage where their image is identifiable, and they can ask the CCTV user to erase any personal data they hold about them. They can also ask the CCTV user not to capture any footage of them in future.

I guess in practice most of these rights are just ignored.

Hmmm yeah I guess it’s impossible to police what a security camera can/can’t see.

But it sounds reasonable - especially in times of deliberate harassment - to expect the cctv owner to delete footage from the web (social media whatever) when requested.

1 Like

You are very skilled Mr d00d!

cheers mate.

I really can’t make my mind up but there’s something vaguely unsettling about it.
Okay I like it!

1 Like