Stranger parks in a man’s drive for 4 days!

What a flaming cheek!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10619177/amp/Father-twos-fury-Manchester-Airport-customer-parks-Range-Rover-drive-FOUR-days.html

A car turned up in this blokes drive and was there for four days

He thinks it was somebody on their hols and using Manchester airport

The police said they could do nothing, it’s not a crime, so the poor bloke just had to put up with it

He said he didn’t do anything to the car but I’m not sure I would have been as restrained, what about you?

1 Like

Read about this yesterday. Absolutely disgusting but can’t be sure it’s the owners fault if he handed his car over to someone or a company that sounded reputable in good faith. Police can’t do anything unless it was reported stolen which it wouldn’t have been and unless it’s some kind of physical obstruction or danger. Don’t know what we’d have done other than to get some friends try to tow it out and dump it somewhere.

1 Like

If the owner had done that to me, the following morning that car would have been ‘carefully’ placed on double yellow lines without it receiving a scratch in the move.
One of my sons-in-law runs such a company :+1:

4 Likes

He didn’t know how long it would be there, of course

But it would have been great if he could have installed a sturdy set of padlocked gates and shut it in

I’d be putting up gates anyway, in case they came back

I’d also have been feeding the seagulls on top of the car to ensure plenty of bird poop!

And I’d have taken my bin out by climbing over his car and dragging the bin over it!

Did he not say anything to the driver when they came back? I would have blocked the drive with one of our cars 24/7 so they could not have moved it without coming to the door.

1 Like

No, he said he just woke up and it was gone. Blocking it in would have been a good idea though

Would imagine that the bloke employed by the dodgy airport car parking company would have been given a lift to go and pick it up, so if the house owner had blocked it in, things might have turned nasty since he might have bern outnumbered by two unpleasant oafs who self evidently don’t really care about such matters as decency and respect.

1 Like

True, it’s always better to avoid confrontation but I seldom do!

1 Like

A friend of my wife’s lives close to a school & routinely gets dim witted parents who feel it is reasonable to park on her drive due to local parking restrictions. And I used to get it occasionally when I lived close to the beach.

Sadly in today’s world with personal CCTV every where & many people coving more than their own property. It is hard to get away with doing anything about idiots who park like this now. But in the past.

Nice one!

1 Like

We live on a private lane and we have our own driveway but obviously need to get out of the lane at all times. We had a neighbour once who used to park in the lane so we couldn’t get out and had to go and knock on his door and ask him to move. We told him this wasn’t on but he still kept doing it so my husband got one of our other vehicles which we keep elsewhere and parked it in front of him on the end of the lane so HE couldn’t get out! He soon stopped doing it. :wink:

3 Likes