Strange unexplained light

Not wishing to upset you in any way, LD, but it could be due to posterior vitreous detachment, something which I suffered from.

A single flash of light is nothing to worry about, I might add. It is certainly not uncommon. It is all explained in the link above.

If it should happen again or become worse, I’d advise having a word with an optician who will no doubt assure you that there is nothing to worry about. It might be accompanied by seeing ‘floaters’ as well.

As I mentioned, I had it and mine became sufficiently bad that the experts at the eye hospital offered to do a vitrectomy, which I had, as apart from making my vision worse it would have eventually led to a detached retina - an emergency situation which, if untreated, would lead to loss of sight.

Please don’t worry about it. Just keep an eye on it (if you’ll pardon the expression).

Floyd? :-p

A woman of taste. :lol:

Off course! :mrgreen:

Yep, great song Comfortably Numb

Yes, I remember you having a procedure JBR. I have had (very slight) flashes in the past and I do have a floater. It is something I have considered and it’s a less worrying than aliens taking me off for probing. :slight_smile:

It just seemed to go on for a bit too long if you know what I mean.

OK, if you’re familiar with the flashes due to pressure on the retina, perhaps it’s something else - something I have found an interesting phenomenon: ball lighting!

Is ball lightening Bluey white? It was definitely electrical.

I’ve never been privileged to see it, but yes, I have read descriptions which describe it as bright bluey-white. Theorists think it is related to electricity, of course.
A fascinating subject.

Was there a thunderstorm taking place at the time?

No, I looked out to see if there was any lightening but there wasn’t.

Hmm - Where were Tirzah and Olivia at the time?

There’s no power socket down there, is there?

Definitely a ghost. A ghoulish wraith invading your home. So…who you gonna call!..Finish the sentence. :slight_smile:

Ghostbusters!

And me!!!

Strange lights come and go, you’ve just got to wait until you see something concrete.:wink:

So! Did you see anything last night?

As a matter of interest-
radiation zipping through eyes are like subatomic bullets. When a “bullet” strikes the retina, it triggers a false signal that the brain interprets as a flash of light.

They were both upstairs and Tirzah had a torch…:shock:

No sockets there. Nearest is about six feet away.