Strange things at your door

Morning all,
I woke up to this little guy at my back door.
Whats the strangest thing you have seen at your back door in the morning?

(And i’m not going to put the purple faced partner of the woman I was having an affair with!.. :grin:)

John

8 Likes

Great photo!

1 Like

Aw, cute, you’ve got a new friend. Have you given him a name? It’s a smashing photo :+1:

Not the back door but when I first moved her from London I once pulled the sitting room curtains and there was a horse looking in at me :open_mouth:

I was so horrified I just just drew the curtains back again and hoped it would go away! :horse::scream:

3 Likes

Ah, he wants some breakfast. They can be cheeky little critters.

2 Likes

I would have gone out, made a fuss of the horse & tried to find out who owned it. Was it in your garden? If so would have shut the gate so it was contained too.

We had loose cows once here trampling over the front gardens, the farmer managed to round them up.
Another time a pack of hounds that invaded the house when I opened the door to see the kids off to school. I rang the huntsman about those & he came to the top of the road, kennels was a few yards away, blew his horn & out they streamed back to him. His kennel man hadn’t latched the gate on their pen properly. A few got as far as the school, they are very friendly, hounds, but boy do the smell. Hunt kennels long gone now, it’s a housing estate,

The hand tame squirrels that visit my garden straight from The Green, are not above making it known if the peanut cages have been rendered empty.

2 Likes

Be careful though LD, they’ve got a bite like rat if they choose to.

Serpo, good picture of your little friend. Good job your back door was closed, else he’d have been in getting his own breakfast! :smiley:

1 Like

Erm, Londoner here, we don’t want wild animals like horses and cows in our back garden :rofl:

Make a fuss of it! You’re kidding, are you sure they’re not man eaters?

I just left the curtains closed and when I peeped back out it had gone, thank goodness

2 Likes

Same here, Tiff. :+1:
I couldn’t ignore an animal that was lost and alone.

3 Likes

Wow, lovely animals,
I had the pleasure of meeting this chap on Caldey Island, near Tenby a couple of weeks ago.

John

3 Likes

Serpo, If that squirrel comes around again, please can you tell him, to tell his mates to stop digging up my lawn and eating my hazelnuts! :laughing:

1 Like

Lovely photo. Here’s one we met last year in Devon

3 Likes

Hi Serpo, I was a horsey bod years ago.
Looked after & rode other peoples horses for years, before kids & before we moved here had my own horse.When we moved here I found other horses to look after/ride. I was very lucky. I know some people are frightened of horses which is sad.

Last horse I rode.
Seymore
P1040008

2 Likes

One New Years eve we sat up to see the New Year in. About half an hour later the door bell rang and I opened it to find a young girl about 16 in very few clothes! She said she wanted to get to the party behind our house and wanted to cut through our house. She was so drunk she could hardly stand. Of course there was no party behind our house and I was worried the next door she knocked on might be opened by someone with sinister intentions.

I asked her if there was anybody I could ring but she said no and tried to push past me into our house. I refused to let her in because I thought she might throw up and she then staggered off into the night.

1 Like

Lol…The cheeky chap spent a while this afternoon sunbathing on the fence a few feet away from me.
I threw him some nuts, probably a bad move.
I think he will be back tomorrow.

1 Like

We’ve just had the Badgers scratching at the door to be fed. The foxes come in the afternoon. If I’m in the summerhouse they are happy to be hand fed. Dammit, I like wildlife, we both do.

3 Likes

I suspected there was no heart of stone beneath that crusty exterior.

You’ve been looking at my holiday snaps again!!

1 Like