Stonehenge Rock not Welsh?

The central alter stone may not have come from Wales but much further away from Scotland.

2 Likes

This is a big shock.As a Welsh person I was always proud of the fact that a stone in Stonehenge came from Wales.

Of course it may also have come from Cornwall. I bet they never researched that.

Several of the stones do come from Wales @Psmith it is just the Altar stone that they now think came from Scotland.

1 Like

And that in itself is very, very impressive, must have been quite a feat!

3 Likes

It is if you think that they might not even have invented the wheel when Stonehenge was built

:astonished:

3 Likes

Exactly, although my first thoughts were about piloting whatever kind of vessel they used around the coastline. The more you think about it the more the more awe inspiring it becomes!

2 Likes

I think there are a lot of things we don’t know about those early Brits Chilli

2 Likes

I have no doubt about it, this is one of those things that make history so fascinating.
They must have been awful brutal times by our standards and yet

2 Likes

Feat that was made for walking all the way to Salisbury’s most famous henge😁

2 Likes

To add insult to injury it was a Welshman who discovered the stone was from Scotland !

1 Like

The word on the block Is.
Students at Stirling Uni have just discovered.
Jock Strap Esq., Was driving. “The Flying Scotsmen”. Loaded with GranKnit.
Non Stop, sporrans zipped up, through Yorkshire. To SumOrSet.
Please Keep up 2 Speed Peeps. :laughing:

1 Like

I was privileged to visit Stirling University a couple of years back,a family visit, nothing worth nicking to be honest

2 Likes

I don’t know what you’re all talking about. I have been to Stonehenge it has a pub, about six houses and a satellite dish, some small rocks. :icon_wink:

2 Likes

Now they are saying that it is more likely to have been brought over land from Scotland. There are plenty of lochs and rivers to cross so must have still had to negotiate water quite often. Some feat indeed but mind the tootsies!

1 Like

Seek and Yea will find >>

:rofl: All the way 2 the Castle >> Pub. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

You’ve convinced me! :wink:

1 Like