Stick on solar window panels

So having some electrical work done recently and the electric chap had to turn off the electricity to fit a new fuse box. He had this fabulous battery and transformer thingy that he attached using some jump leads and which was then used to power the fridge, the freezer and the telly while he worked.

Anyway we had a chat about this wonderful kit and how useful it could be in the event of a power cut. He was planning to power his whole house this way with the hikes in power prices etc. I said, doesn’t it cost a lot to charge such a thing? Well he said not at all because he has these solar panels that you can stick to a window.

This all stems from his camping experiences, but I was wondering whether anyone here has tried using solar panels that are stick on and your views & recommendations if you have tried them. If you haven’t tried them would you think of doing so now that I’ve mentioned how fab this might be as a way to save on bills?

2 Likes

Had a quick look at these sort of things and not really sure how cost effective they’d be.

In all honesty, if they really were worth their salt, I suspect they’d be mentioned in a load of consumer programs by now.

1 Like

I would just get the roof ones if you can Annie - they are more efficient and have come down a lot in price recently. There’s a thread here that you might find interesting:

1 Like

still a good standby thingy though I would have thought?

1 Like