Steak and kidney pie

Where can l get a proper steak and kidney pie from?
Must l make it myself?
Donkeyman!
Testing start a thread only!!
Presently typing without being able to see what
l type due to drop down blockers !!!

1 Like

Congratulations on creating a thread - hope you have the same luck with the steak pie :pie:

2 Likes

Not a lot of places sell them now since ā€˜offalā€™ became a dirty word. You could try your local butchers (if you have one) ours make both - with and without kidney.

Just seen M & S sell them as do Sainsburyā€™s

1 Like

I could make you a great steak and kidney pie, made with water crust pastryā€¦:grin:

Iā€™m known for my pies with family and friends.

1 Like

Donkeyman, Congratulations at starting a thread and Congratulations to me for finding it! I donā€™t usually find threads until days after they are started!

I donā€™t like steak and kidney pies but wouldnā€™t you get one in the supermarkets! Iā€™ve seen them in M&S.
Or even a good butcher, some make their own ā€¦ l think?

1 Like

@SilverTabby
@Last_Tango
@pauline3 Thanks for answering ladies, but l donā€™t really need a pie !
itā€™s just that l have to type something in or choose a category in one tenth of a second before a bloody robot blocks the screen!!!
Donkeyman :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

You little rascal!

So happy you can start a thread DMā€¦:grin::grin:

I know you were just using this to start a thread @Donkeyman so well done for doing that, but using steak & kidney?
Really?
You really ought to try a decent Scottish steak pie because nothing else comes close, and certainly not if you contaminate any meat with bleuch kidney!
What a crime!
:rofl:

1 Like

DM if youā€™re on a PC and the header is in the way of posting a title ā€¦just reduce the zoom size of your screen

@wishbone Thanks for that Wishbone, l will try it, but l think l am on minimum allready ??
Stand by for strange thread titles today if l manage to force my way through again ??
Donkeyman! :thinking:

@Zaphod Yeah, daft ainā€™t it??
But it was the first thing that came into my head !!
Donkeyman! :worried::worried:

I prefer a pudding:

:yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

@Omah With a short crust too by the looks of it Omah !! :smiley::smiley:
Donkeyman!

1 Like

Iā€™d say so, too ā€¦ :yum:

Ooh Omah, I used to cook those a lot as a cook at my nursing home,ā€¦I love thoseā€¦itā€™s the pudding part thoughā€¦so stodgy and makes me feel lethargic after Iā€™ve eaten it.

1 Like

No better skid pie than that you bake yourself Donks, just cook the meat long and slow then allow it to cool before slapping it into some shortcrust pastry.

Serve it up then with some mash and greens, finest meal ever invented. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Ohh now thatā€™s just plain wrong, calling something savoury a ā€œpuddingā€!
Pudding = dessert.
:grin:

2 Likes

Have you ever tried water crust pastry, Barry?

Itā€™s delicious so easy to makeā€¦I would never go back to shortcrust.:grin:

Not a healthy option though.

No Pauline, only ever eaten it on a pork pie but never made it. I like shortcrust on pies anyway, so never even considered it really and looking at the ingredients I think Iā€™ll leave it that wayā€¦ lol

1 Like