Staying at a holiday apartment and the smoke alarm went off

Announcement, Move to the nearest exit and evacuate the building in an orderly manner.

Room 21 was cooking dinner and never used the extraction fan.
Fire Brigade arrived, turned off the alarm and now back in my room 25 minutes after evacuating.

Look on it as practice…at least the alarms worked……

That must have been unnerving @Bretrick , What did you grab first on the run out , or was it a case of steady not panicked.

1 Like

No panic, got my wallet, my phone, my keys and put a coat on. Breezy outside.

1 Like

That happened to me at Disneyland in the middle of the night. I called the front desk. They told me it was a false alarm. I didn’t bother going out. But it totally disrupted the trip.

1 Like

Not the best thing to deal with in the middle of the night. it was 7.30pm here.

1 Like

@Bretrick That’s what happens if the contractors fit a smoke alarm in the kitchen instead of a rate-of-rise heat detector.

3 Likes

Similar to me in one of the best central hotels in Bournemouth . So scary to be jolted out of your sleep ,wondered what to pick up apart from my handbag and a coat .
Only the night porter on duty to investigate . Turned out a guest was smoking in his room ,

1 Like

Must admit happened to me in a self contained cottage so didn’t disturb anyone (hopefully). Confused the grill controls with top oven so pie crust was a bit charred. So opened front and back doors and fanned alarm with the laminated advice leaflet. Chicken pie was still edible with a bit of scraping!

1 Like

:rofl:, Charred Chicken pie,sounds like a new receipe.

1 Like

Not too often hopefully!
We’d just arrived that evening so perfectly acceptable after a longish drive.

1 Like