Status Quo bassist Alan Lancaster has died

Status Quo founding member and bassist Alan Lancaster has died aged 72, the band’s manager has confirmed.

"Lancaster had several international hits with the group during the 60s and 70s including Rockin’ All Over The World and Whatever You Want.

Manager Simon Porter said: “This is such sad news.”

Lead singer Francis Rossi said: “Alan was an integral part of the sound and the enormous success of Status Quo during the 60s and 70s.”"

Another one from the 60s and 70s no longer with us
RIP Alan Lancaster

2 Likes

My favourite band as a youngster was Status Quo.
RIP Alan Lancaster.

1 Like

How sad, am a big quo fan, saw them twice at brid spa in the seventies and eighties

1 Like

Great band,saw them live many times.
RIP Alan Lancaster.

I’ve seen Quo a lot too. we used to get in for free as my Daughters partner was good friends with their technical man, so any local to us concerts & we were there. We sat or stood, depending on the venue, with the sound & lighting people & usually had a very good view of the stage.

So sad to hear of another band member gone.
RIP Alan Lancaster.

1 Like

Another great musician gone.

RIP Alan Lancaster,thanks for the music.

2 Likes

Only 72 too … another twang-man gone to the big gig in the sky. I’m 78 so I’m feeling a somewhat old ‘twanger’ now😥

1 Like

A sad day for music. Alan and Rick are jamming in Heaven tonight! RIP

2 Likes

Really sad news, I heard it on Radio Caroline 648 khz output this afternoon whilst driving through Bedfordshire.

I was a big Quo fan in my teens.

2 Likes

Another one gone too soon.
Knew the band as they use to hang about where I did.
Friend Wendy she was close to them all, and will be very sad at another one gone as well…

1 Like

He will always be remembered for this

3 Likes