State Pension Increase

I am so excited. :smiley:
Just got a letter from he Pensions people saying my increase in April will be a whole 77p.

Wow. Bet you’re all envious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not me … I’m hoping for a cash increase of £3.25 (2.6%) a week from 6 April 2019.

That’s a cup of coffee AND a biscuit at my local garden centre … :cool:

PLUS The amount of income you can earn before you pay tax - the personal allowance - increases from £11,850 to £12,500 on 6 April 2019.

That’s a cup of coffee and A CAKE on high days and holidays … :004:

I still have to pay tax. Something to do with the increase & I get a small private one which doesn’t help.

I still have to wait until November for my pension, if it doesn’t change again!
I’m excited about the increase though!

Omah, I am so sorry, and am deeply embarrassed as well. :blush:

I made a mistake and it seems I have told you a big porkie!

The increase for me will be £3.77, not just the .77p! Sorry for misleading anyone. :blush:

I have to wait till September for mine.
Don’t give your age away TessA

The cakes are on you then

… and I want mine with cream … :lol:

See you both in the corner cake shop at noon tomorrow then. :smiley:

I’ve had notification of my new tax codes for the 2019-20, but not quite a letter stating my increase, only showing it in the new year. Spect I’ll wait till April.

Ha! You’re older than me!

I can’t wait to get Winter Fuel Allowance! No more growing Winter Plummage! No more chopping up the sideboard! No more inviting strangers in to hug!:slight_smile:

Steady on with the cakes, folks.

I too have had mine, (same as yours) but two more letters arrived on the same day…

British Gas… telling prices are to be increased

Scottish Power…telling prices are to be increased

Waiting for the Council tax now.

Doubt there will be much left to celebrate with coffee and cakes. :slight_smile:

Hug…oh I say… ok then if you ask nicely

I have received notification of my increase and it works out at £4.76 per week (if my calculations are correct - I do receive a few pounds per week in additional benefits on top of the Basic State Pension).

I got about the same rise, it’s so insignificant that after all the rises in services and tax, I’ll likely be worse off anyway. My kids will have to moderate their demands on the bank of Dad though…(As if)

By the time I retire, my pension money will be in India or Africa.

So you lied about the £3 Mups, stashing it away are you so you can buy a yacht. :-p

I already bought a yacht last year dongle, so thought I’d save up all my £3’s and buy a Rolls Royce this year to take me down to the yacht. :lol:

Yip,the pension goes up every year along with the gas/electric/council tax…so They’re the only ones who benefit from it :shock:

But if you’re not already getting it, will you? My sister turned 65 last month but according to the Gov.uk website she still isn’t eligible. They seem to have a cut off point. Unless I’m mistaken.