Star Trek - forgot how good it was!

Just been watching some old (very old) DVDs of Startrek and a the first full length film. Had forgotten what an egocentric plank Shatner was!

1 Like

Give over, you fancy him something rotten. Go on, admit it. :smiley:

Yep, definitely a raging ego. :smiley: The first film was so bad, too. Slow as hell and boring as well.

Iā€™d rather have you, Judd!:smiley:

Very true ! All that creaking scenery as well - worse than ā€˜Crossroadsā€™ and that is saying something!:smiley:

Naturally. :lol:

Wasnā€™t there usually a scene when Kirk appeared to become stressed, overworked and sweaty?
A hazard of the job I suppose. :wink:
Gabrielle Drake as Lt Ellis (UFO) wouldnā€™t even have raised an eyebrow.:cool:

Where I last worked we used to class some jobs as red shirt jobs, in reference to the guys who beamed down to a planet, and it was a one way tripā€¦

If youā€™ve not seen ā€œGalaxy Questā€ yet, Iā€™d recommend it as a parody of Star Trek, and as a comedy film in its own right.

Joe Leydon of Variety said that Galaxy Quest ā€œremains light and bright as it races along, and never turns nasty or mean-spirited as it satirizes the cliches and cults of Star Trekā€.

I go along with Joe ā€¦ :smiley:

Have seen that one, Omah, and laughed all the way through! Love Alan Rickman!

Iā€™m more of a Sigourney Weaver admirer ā€¦ :007:

Ah, yes. Sigourney Weaver. Smokinā€™ hot.

There will only ever be one captain of the Starship Enterpriseā€¦William Shatner as Captain Kirkā€¦:038:
All the rest are just impostersā€¦:009:

He was but I still see him as the real captain Kirk. :wink:

Wot I just said Foxy, you beat me to it.

Great brains Longdogsā€¦:-D:-D:-D

I saw that years ago and often wonder why they never did a sequel. :frowning:

Alan Rickman to Tim Allen: ā€œI see youā€™ve managed to get your shirt off againā€ :smiley:

While some may prefer Captain Kirk, I much prefer Captain Jon-Luc Picard.

William Shatner, as Kirk, was shallow and endlessly over-acting.
Patrick Stewart, as Picard, displays a wider range of personality and is a much better actor.

Hi

Sorry to spoil things.

Uniforms were changed due to flagging viewing figures.

Councillor Troi.

Much more cleavage to attract adolescent boys.

It worked.

Galaxy Questā€¦what a film one of my all time favourites

By Grabthars Hammer and the Sons of Warven you shall be avengedā€¦got to be one of the best lines ever.

Never give up never surrender :slight_smile: