Star Trek: Enterprise

I watched the first episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.

I’m not sure if this is deliberate, but every scene reminded me of something that I had seen previously on another Star Trek. It gave the feeling of continuity with the brand, but it also made it feel like I’ve seen most of it before.

I’m not sure if I’ll continue with this because maybe it gets better as the season goes along and the show could take on its own life. I’ll update here if I watch more.

Does this show get better?

Is this the Captain Archer one?
It does get better after episode one…but isn’t the best of the franchise.
I like the new one with Captain Pike.

1 Like

Yep, Captain Archer is in Star Trek: Enterprise.

Captain Pike is in Star Trek: Discovery. Perhaps I’ll take a look at that one instead.

Thanks for the feedback. Also good to know that this series gets better after episode one.

You sure U ain’t watchin Dads Army? :icon_wink:

2 Likes

Not unless he was promoted during the show. Pike was a Private. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He could have been promoted after all this time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Pike being in Discovery spawned Strange New Worlds which is set just before the Original Series and features familiar characters.
And is more like a Star Trek franchise than Discovery or Picard.
Discovery is not everyone’s cup of tea but I like it.

1 Like

Pike? Don’t tell him!

1 Like

I watched the first series of Enterprise but couldn’t warm to the characters.I liked Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap though.

2 Likes

Star trek has never appealed to me,or Dr Who come to think of it.

1 Like

The problem with Enterprise was the poor quality of scripts, ultra low budget and it didn’t fit with the Star Trek timeline as depicted in Next Generation and the original series. Thus a lot of Trekkies didn’t regard it as canon and not part of the Star Trek universe.

That said, it was cancelled way before it had chance to find itself. Had another series been commissioned, it may have stayed the course and not get canned early, as it started to improve during it’s last season. Unfortunately, by then the ratings had already fallen away and the damage had been done.

2 Likes

I quite enjoyed it, I liked T’pol and her storyline and the beagle!

I thought Scott Bakula was a bit hammy in it and I kept getting flashbacks to Quantum Leap

And the uptight “Brit” character, Malcolm, was a hoot :rofl: Is that how you see us?

It’s worth carrying on with, I think, not brilliant, but watchable

2 Likes