Stained glass

Whatever … if I don’t like it you can sell it to old Longdogs. :smiley:

Copper foil - loving it so far but will update when the work has progressed further :smiley:

Gorgeous JBR! You are clever! I have a bit of a glass phobia so I think you are also very brave!

This is lovely JBR
Love stained glass

You grind the edges of the glass pieces?

I love grinding. :wink:

I have suffered a few cuts, to be honest. I don’t mind them much, only slight, but if some flux gets in to them it don’t half sting like hell.

Thanks.

All this encouragement has made me think I could post pictures of a couple of other things I have made, if anyone’s interested. It might also give others some ideas, if they are thinking of doing some stained glass work.

Cut all the pieces out of the glass and lay it on the pattern, then grind off any rough edges. Use the light box to see if the glass will look good when hanging too - not too opaque. The grinder is my best friend but fairly used to that, the nippers and cutters as they are used in mosaics too.

I agree. The grinder cost me around £100, I think, but it’s far better than trying to use a file.

I can sometimes cut a smooth shape with my cutting wheel, but still grind the edges anyway. The grozing pliers have their uses, but I can never obtain a clean edge with them.

Only if you can convince she who is in charge which I doubt. :mrgreen:

I quite understand.

Marge would kill you if I sold it to you.

Far, far worse: she’d kill me.

Beautiful design, in complementary colours of shades of Green leaves & Cerise flower with a contrast of a White flower.

You have a very good sense of colour.

Thank you.
However, the ‘white’ flower only appears like that on my camera phone. In reality it is a very pale marbled lilac colour.

In response to my compliments received, I have attached three more pictures for completeness.

The first is Marge’s and my first attempts at stained glass (using lead came). Hers is the white one and mine the red one.

The second is my earlier attempt at a lampshade, this one a Tiffany design (simplified a bit!).

The third is a pair of candle holders. Much the easiest to make, as each piece of coloured glass is 2" x 1" or 1" x 1".

I hope they may be of interest.

Just gorgeous, JBR. The vivid colors and looser design (less pattern) make this shade exceptional. You have a real knack for this. Glad to se you back at it!

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll do some more…
when I’ve recovered!

I’m very impressed JB, the colours are lovely… :slight_smile:

Thank you Mags.

Those are really beautiful, JBR, I especially like the candle holders.

Thank you ST.