Stained glass

Quite a few years ago, Marge and I had a short introductory course in stained glass whilst staying in Thirsk, Yorkshire.

Since then, I have done some more work along these lines and two or three years ago I resolved to make a lamp shade. At that time, I cut the glass pieces to create four flowers and…

promptly forgot all about them!

A few weeks ago, I resolved to dig them out and cut another load of pieces in random leaf shapes. Using a former I’d made from ‘Mod Roc’ (plaster of Paris), I positioned all of these 200 or so pieces and, using copper foil, soldered them all together to create the lampshade.

Suitably encouraged, I decided I might resume this hobby.

1 Like

That’s very nice JB, it looks lovely :slight_smile:

That’s lovely JBR, well done.

I would keep at it if I were you, you’ve done really well.

You could start making C/Presents for people - (daren’t say that word yet)/
Perhaps little jewellery boxes, or small vases, ornaments, lamp shades, etc.

If this link works, there are some lovely ideas here.

You could make me the little tortoise for a start! :smiley:

Very talented JBR.

Tnank you Mags.

Thanks Mups. Actually, some of those in your link look fairly straightforward. Some good ideas.

Thanks Aerolor.

Very nice work. That’s quite the project.
Impressive work.

Love that JBR, really impressive.

Wow, JBR, that is lovely.

I remember you mentioning your interest in stained glass some time ago - when Kev60 was still posting here. Good to see the results.

A thing of beauty JB :slight_smile:

Thank you all, Ladies.

It’s encouraging when others appreciate your work.

Just started a stained glass course myself - week 2. Been doing mosaics and wanted to try something different. Doubt I will produce anything as impressive as that! Beautiful!!

Are you using copper foil or lead came?

Good luck. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Brilliant JBR, that’s really impressive. I have always had a soft spot for Tiffany style lamps although I don’t actually have any but I reckon you could sell those easily.

We nearly moved home recently … to a victorian property with the original stained glass front door panels replace by something boring. I promised myself to rectify that.

We’re not moving for the time being, but if I ever need made-to-measure panels, I know where to come. :wink:

Wanna buy it? :lol:

I haven’t used lead came since that first time Marge and I went on that original (one day) course, although I suppose that in some ways it might be a little less fiddly to do.

Whatever … if I don’t like it you can sell it to old Longdogs. :smiley:

Copper foil - loving it so far but will update when the work has progressed further :smiley: