!st March and snow here

this is dublin this morning in snow looks lovely

4 Likes

Looking good Feey!
Wish it was like that here in West Sussex!!

Brrr Feey that does look cold .
You can keep that weather in Dublin I don’t want it here in Hampshire .

1 Like

Love that second picture, the red umbrella really makes it for me, it’s similar to the black and white photos that have one item of colour in them. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I haven’t seen snow for over 50 years, if I never see snow again I won’t be disappointed.

(but it is OK in photos.)

2 Likes

No thanks chilli , keep it …east sussex dont want snow tyvm

1 Like

Fair play…we won’t let a single flake settle on Camber Sands, promise!!! :innocent: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Great photos Feey but I must agree with Ripple…Snow like that here will shut the place down.
Rumour has it that in the harsh winter of 47 not a flake of snow fell until March, in fact it was a curiously mild winter, and then in March, all hell broke loose. Apparently, the drifts were so deep here in Yorkshire that snow was still seen in June… :astonished:
I don’t know because I was just a glint in my Dad’s eye… :nerd_face:

1 Like

We had snow one year in june, over the south downs it did look beautiful tho !

1 Like

Snow only belongs on Christmas cards imo.

1 Like

The last time I saw snow was in the early 1970s when I lived in Brixton and it snowed on Good Friday which, as I recall, was in April. It was only a dusting, maybe half a cm and was gone by midday.

EDIT:

Found the photo:

That’s the top of Brixton Hill

2 Likes

Never mind about the snow Bruce…I would give my left arm for any one of those vehicles in the picture. Well restored of course, I’m a bit too old to take on that kind of project now but that was when cars were no nonsense easy to understand and nothing on the dash that you didn’t want or need.
Nice photo by the way… :+1:

1 Like