Squid Game - Series One

Ok thank you

Finished the series. I enjoyed it. please watch with the subtitles the dubbed version is awful and actually changes it… I give it 5 stars lol

2 Likes

Seriously? 5 stars!
Ok,my weekend is sorted then!

:grin:

1 Like

Almost finished it here. Partway through episode 9. Dubbed version was fine.

I didn’t mind it either I used to hate dubbed films but have watched a Mexican, French, Korean and Danish series’ now and have got used to it. I have the subtitles on even for English language movies because I am a bit deaf anyway.

A suggestion has popped up on my Netflix channel

Alice in Borderland

It looks a bit like Squid Games but sufficiently different for me to list it for later

Interesting, though, that “Netflix counts a view as anyone who’s watched two minutes of an episode”. So in theory, 110 million viewers could have tuned in, watched 2 minutes, and thought "what a load of cr*p, and turned it off :lol:

Struggled to get threw Ep3.

The dubbing is terrible.

Will preserve its got to get better hasn’t it?

Daughter watches this & as I was at her house she put the first episode on to see if I liked it. No thanks, not for me at all. I haven’t got Netflix, so I can’t watch it anyway on my TV.
I agree the dubbing is awful.

Just been to Leicester SQ London and they where selling the facemasks in the series for £10 each

My son raves about it. Apparently kids in the playground are playing some sort of game called red green or something that they have pinched the idea from the program. I watched a trailer but it didn’t appeal to me.

I watched it and thought it was good…not worth all the hype though

It’s a modern fable. I heard they don’t plan to do series 2 because the actors are refusing. They needed counselling for the trauma of the filming which was very mentally gruelling.

Well did anyone tell them it wasn’t real…its just a story? Maybe acting isn’t for them…I wonder how Jodie Foster got over filming Silence of the Lambs or Sigourney Weaver in Alien…now those were seriously scary stories

I think I read that Jodie Foster found The Accused the most harrowing to film.

I liked Takeshi’s castle back in the day. I think American Ninja Warriors got their idea here.

I didn’t think I would watch much of Squid Games but I watched all of it and found it oddly addictive - odd because it’s not the sort of thing I would normally watch.

1 Like

I would imagine pretending to be someone else as a living must be very harrowing. NOT!

Me and John loved Squid Game, to be honest I am not usually into blood and gore kind of films but I was hooked, I thought it absolutely brilliant and I hope the story about the actors not wanting to do a second seriess is a load of tosh because I want more! The dubbed was quite good I thought, I personally hate subtitles.

I thought the main character was brilliant and didn’t he have a cheeky smile (when he smiled)
The squealing woman got on my pips though I could have quite happily s/hot her GREEN LIGHT…RED LIGHT…BANG BANG YER DEAD! :joy: :rofl:

Apparently it is going ahead with production. It was the tug of war scene that was the most difficult for actors. One threw up during filming. I think it will be a let down because how can you follow that? Plus I want to see some regrowth roots showing.