Spring Flowers

Lovely pictures of your garden Loretta :slight_smile: Your plants look lovely and healthy and I love the Bird of Paradise :slight_smile:

I have bluebells out in my garden too.

I thought bluebells usually came out in May, so they are very early then? :slight_smile:

Yes, their flowering time is anywhere between April - June :slight_smile:

It is so beautiful to go for a walk down the garden and see the new flowers pushing through the soil. You cannot beat it year after year seeing them.

Things bloom a bit earlier here in SW Ireland, but even so I think this year they are earlier than ever.Daffs over ages ago!

Itā€™s lovely to see the perennials starting to fill up the borders. And all the little seedlings that are filling the gaps. Got lots of seeds germinating in the greenhouse, so we should be able to fill the borders with flowers this year.
So far we have about 15 runners beans shooting up but will need some new canes.
Iā€™m extremely pleased that two of the rose cuttings from mumā€™s garden have taken. :slight_smile:

Found some vine weevil grubs in a few pots, (ugh) Iā€™ll make up some ā€˜stuffā€™ to kill them later today.
Happy gardening each.:slight_smile:

On my travels today, I saw lots of magnolia trees in bloom and even a cherry blossom type tree in full bloom. Iā€™m not sure, but I thought these were earlyā€¦lovely to see though, cheers me up no end :smiley:

We were walking past some wasteland this morning, it was really colourful with the wildflowers but my favourites are poppies, I just love them.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/mzungu/2009/New%20photos%20for%202012/IMG_0552.jpg

You are right about the Magnolias Carmen, they are beautiful. Ours has been in flower for a week but itā€™s started shedding petals already:-(

Lovely poppies clumsy :slight_smile:

Yes, they are beautiful Janela, itā€™s just a shame they donā€™t last longer than a week :frowning:

Purchased a Japanese Flowering Cherry tree today, but this time weā€™ve planted it in a container. Our garden has awful drainage - thatā€™s why weā€™ve got stones down now instead of grass. Just hope this one lasts longer than the Crab Apple Tree we planted 2 years ago, but then just rotted and died :frowning:

Clumsy - I love poppies :slight_smile:

Your flowering cherry tree sounds nice Carmen.

Clumsy, love your photo of the poppies. Ours donā€™t flower until summer time, but I do love them :smiley:

My Peonies are shooting up from the ground like mad now. They are one of my favourite flowers. Iā€™ve got a Peony tree which Iā€™d had in a pot for many years and when I moved here I noticed that it was flowering less and less each year so I planted it into the ground two years ago and its gone from strength to strength and last year it had numerous huge flowers on it :slight_smile:

Itā€™s very warm but somewhat hazy here today, quite pleasant. Here are a couple of photos I have just taken, one little corner of our garden and a bee in the nectarine blossom.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/mzungu/2009/New%20photos%20for%202012/IMG_0561.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/mzungu/2009/New%20photos%20for%202012/IMG_0562.jpg

Lovely photos Loretta and what a beautiful garden you have! :slight_smile:

Thank you Mags, itā€™s mostly due to my OH, I just do the ā€œpotteringā€ bit now and then. Most things grow well here and some very quickly indeed but we do get insect problems, mostly with those horrible huge locusts, you can actually hear them munching away on the leaves. I hate them, big ugly things they are and they take off like helicopters.

Yuk! maybe we are better off with our milder climate after all! :lol:

My thoughts too :frowning:
But it is a lovely shingled area Loretta.

The whole garden is shingled Janela, apart from the pool area and parking space. Not many people have lawned areas really, they would take too much watering and we get very little rain here, also weā€™d most likely get ticks in the grass, so pebbles are better. This photo is from last year, those disgusting locusts were using my garden as a love nest !

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/mzungu/from%20March%202010/P4280003.jpg

I hope you threw a bucket of water over them, Loretta! :lol:

They are certainly huge insects arenā€™t they!:shock:

You have a lovely garden Loretta :slight_smile:

Goodness me, those locusts are huge! The last time I saw locusts like that was when we went to Cancun, Mexico - there was what we thought a big dark cloud descending, and it turned out to be locusts! :shock: They settled for a while in the grounds then took off again.

You have a stunning garden, Clumsy. Iā€™m just glad that we donā€™t have the Locust though. Yuk.