Spooky or coincidence?

Yesterday an old colleague someone who I worked with about 20 years ago popped into my head…she was an unusual person and quite a personality…

I decided to look her up and googled her name. I was so shocked to discover she had died three days ago…died suddenly and unexpectedly it said …what a shock.

Made me wonder what made me look her up? …why did I suddenly think of her after all these years…Spooky or coincidence?

4 Likes

Don’t think any of the oddballs I came across will make the dizzy heights of Google, you were lucky yours did, it’s good to close doors on previous influences.
Probably more Spooky than coincidence, imo.

2 Likes

She popped in to say hello Summer , I think it’s lovely , she obviously had fond memories of you .

I was in the kitchen the other day just cooking lunch into my head out of the blue an old friend who died a number of years ago , I said hello and chatted to her for a while , maybe she was just passing through .

4 Likes

That’s why I don’t sleep too well sometimes :smiley:

2 Likes

She was quite a force Spitty ended up Chief Executive of a charity…she used to tell me some tales …she was the Beneton girl in her younger days…she made me laugh with her stories.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s sadder when the characters depart, they are few and far between.

2 Likes

There are things in this life that will only make sense when it’s our turn to witness the big light going out. I tend to think what we are experiencing while we breathe in this life is just the 1st stage of our development and there is more to come after our last breath👍

6 Likes

Not sure about it being a coincidence Summer, although I don’t believe in all this afterlife stuff, this is not the first time I’ve heard a similar story to yours…Only a couple of months ago my Daughter (Marie) had a dream about one of our good friends and neighbours. She dreamt that she was attending the wake of our friend Adrian…
Marie called in one day while we were out and collected the post off the floor at the back of the door, among the post was the church magazine and as she laid it on the table, the back page of the church mag, which contains all of the Births, Deaths, Baptisms and Marriages, a cold shiver came over her as she read about the passing of Adrian who had passed away recently. We didn’t even know ourselves until we read the obituary…There is definitely something going on that we have no knowledge of…Yet!

3 Likes

That happens to me at times,i find it a little spooky but at the same time comforting.
Who knows what really happens when you die.
I know you still have to pay your taxes :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Death and taxes. :slightly_smiling_face:
Johan Liebert
“The only thing humans are equal in is death.”

2 Likes

I’d say it’s neither. I happens to me every now and then and it doesn’t surprise me in the least. There are people that left an impression on me either positive or negative. That is the reason why I sometimes google them out of curiosity simple because it’s possible and can be done anonymously. I noticed that a) not everybody of my generation has left a footprint on the web and b) I quite often come across a death notice of someone with the same name which, in most cases so far, has referred to other people with the same name. I’d always take those with a pinch of salt.
What I never do, though, is ego-surfing which a lot of other people like doing. That might cause me a couple of sleepless nights which I don’t need at all.

1 Like

Not spooky or coincidence. I believe it’s your 6th sense kicking in or your natural intuition.

2 Likes

Some great replies here…thankyou all for taking time out replying x

We will never know the truth of it…or will we :wink:

1 Like