Sounds of the sixties

Stress free I wish. Maybe for you.

I love the sixties songs and can sing along to so many of them. I remember going to Vallances in Leeds and listening to them in one of their booths. So many memories of the decade but they don’t really make me feel sad.

Modern songs seem to be all about sex-violence or drugs. Not only that half of them today can’t sing anyway or they are eating the microphone.

Yes VM, I appreciate that not everyone is as fortunate as me.

I’m with you VM but those times make me feel happy
The music was so good and ‘varied’ everything from Frank to the Beatles to Tamla Motown … Bliss !

Great attitude Alan :smiley:

I used to go there too Val. On the Headrow. I thought
I was a groovy chick being able to go in those booths
and listen to a record and pretend you were going to buy
it. Loved the songs of the 60’s but I like my life now so
don’t think about going back. Just glad I lived through
it and unlike a lot of the stars of the 60’s I managed to
get my pension not a member of the 27 club. :shock::lol:

Listening booths-now that does take me back.

Managed to get into one of them just as they were on their way out - seen plenty of clips of them on TV - FAB ! :smiley:

Absolutely, couldn’t have put it better. The trouble is youth is wasted on the young.

I wish I was what I was when I wished I was what I am now (though, to be honest, I don’t think that there was a time I ever wanted to be this old)

The cause of my stress is not concern for myself, it really isn’t, but for my daughter who in the past couple of months has had a bowel cancer operation, an elder granddaughter who has mental health problems (OCD, medium to severe, Emetophobia and recently diagnosed ME {CFS})

Which is why the past and the carefree life then is a tad sad to remember. Just wish I (we as it was then) could have that time again.

Hello Tony - can well understand that x
Hope there is something good on the horizon for you, just to bring some sunshine to your space and that of your family …

some of us saw the world change in the 60s-from Petula Clarke,JFK,Vietnam,Jimi Hendix. A decade to remember and stuff those who say if you remember it you were not there

[/B]
Well I wasn’t drugged up to the eyeballs - so I do remember it :-p

I feel so very sorry for you Tony. Life can be so cruel at times and I can so understand where you are coming from. Obviously you are a loving caring Grandad. I’ve known you for ages so remember when you were so very happy. I hope and pray things will get better for you and your family.

I agree with Carol about being in a time warp! The 60s was the best, music wise, IMO.

However, I did enjoy a programme the other evening about 70s music (though not a fan) and guessed Queen Bohemian Rhapsody would be no. 1.

All stuff you could sing along to.

Today, while trying to have a nap, a neighbour pulled up in the car park with what can only be described as ear blowing noisy crap blaring from the car stereo! Tuneless, head banging noise.

shudders

Thanks Maursey yes we do go back a long way. I know you lost your Bill a while ago and you have my sympathy for your loss. I remember your sister Dorrie use to post but not now i trust she is OK.

Yes Tony. She is fine. We are both on our own now but luckily we have each other and family to visit and go out with.

I remember what she said soon after she lost her husband a very long time ago…“You can either live the rest of your life sad or try to enjoy life the best you can for your family.”
I try to do the latter as she did.
Like you though things can be tough at times and the good old days often come to mind.

Or the original

1 Like