Sounds of the sixties

Love the music of the time but hate watching the programmes on BBC4 why? Because it makes me sad to remember my life and energy that I had in my youth.

Oh to have those times back and live them again.

Ah they were great times indeed VM, great to have lived through all that. I’m content and grateful for the memories of that marvellous decade.

Yes best music times in the 50’s and 60’s . you might enjoy this

Best to enjoy the benefits of your age rather than mourn the past. Old age brings sress free living and, hopefully, a life free from money worries.

Thankfully I love all kinds of music. Old and modern. The good old songs do bring back my youth and no worries. The latest ones I share with my children and grandchildren, so I’m happy either way though I know what you mean V.M.

I must admit to being locked in a musical time warp. Much of todays music doesn’t interest me at all but listening to sounds from the past brings back happy memories… You shouldn’t let it make you feel sad.

Stress free I wish. Maybe for you.

I love the sixties songs and can sing along to so many of them. I remember going to Vallances in Leeds and listening to them in one of their booths. So many memories of the decade but they don’t really make me feel sad.

Modern songs seem to be all about sex-violence or drugs. Not only that half of them today can’t sing anyway or they are eating the microphone.

Yes VM, I appreciate that not everyone is as fortunate as me.

I’m with you VM but those times make me feel happy
The music was so good and ‘varied’ everything from Frank to the Beatles to Tamla Motown … Bliss !

Great attitude Alan :smiley:

I used to go there too Val. On the Headrow. I thought
I was a groovy chick being able to go in those booths
and listen to a record and pretend you were going to buy
it. Loved the songs of the 60’s but I like my life now so
don’t think about going back. Just glad I lived through
it and unlike a lot of the stars of the 60’s I managed to
get my pension not a member of the 27 club. :shock::lol:

Listening booths-now that does take me back.

Managed to get into one of them just as they were on their way out - seen plenty of clips of them on TV - FAB ! :smiley:

Absolutely, couldn’t have put it better. The trouble is youth is wasted on the young.

I wish I was what I was when I wished I was what I am now (though, to be honest, I don’t think that there was a time I ever wanted to be this old)

The cause of my stress is not concern for myself, it really isn’t, but for my daughter who in the past couple of months has had a bowel cancer operation, an elder granddaughter who has mental health problems (OCD, medium to severe, Emetophobia and recently diagnosed ME {CFS})

Which is why the past and the carefree life then is a tad sad to remember. Just wish I (we as it was then) could have that time again.

Hello Tony - can well understand that x
Hope there is something good on the horizon for you, just to bring some sunshine to your space and that of your family …

some of us saw the world change in the 60s-from Petula Clarke,JFK,Vietnam,Jimi Hendix. A decade to remember and stuff those who say if you remember it you were not there

[/B]
Well I wasn’t drugged up to the eyeballs - so I do remember it :-p