Songs that just 'hit the spot'?

Been a musicologist most of my life - wrote a few songs and played a few too. Mainly listen now and usually avoid the modern tv music stations/shows - but sometimes get caught in the headlights. And this one did it for me - Country and western which is not particularly my genre but one line got to me and sorta encapsulated it all - it’s a love song from a guy whose recent girl is leavin town. the line that really got to me was right at the end " please turn those headlights around" beautiful!!

1 Like

My first girl friend and sitting next to one another on the school bus.
She left me for another of course but I still like the song.

…and I never liked the Seekers particularly

1 Like
1 Like

personally I liked this version better.

Put this on late at night when it is steaming hot

Are you up there by The Osmonds,they did I believe too which was very touching.

2 Likes

i remember we use to go to a pub that had a music quizz on a thursday, i think the winner got a pint or such… anyway my ex’s father played in a pop group in the sixties and she knew lots of them personally, hence we did quite well… anyway the DJ quizzmaster didnt much like me and when we won again he said “this is just for the big Jock, lets see how good you really are, i’ll give you a fiver if you recognise this intro” boy was he gutted…lol… the intro was to Leapy Lea’s little arrows a song my father actually bought and often played, and i used to hate, but now quite like…lol cheers Leapy

Talking of Arrows (Well someone was)

She also does a version of Martha Davis’ Total Control - A song that always gave me Goosebumps

1 Like

The original

1 Like

R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts

For me, some of the early Eilleen Regina ‘Shania’ Twain songs hit the spot every time I listen. Below is the one that I really cannot hear too much with volume cranked right up :point_down: oh, and that guitar mixing is magic :+1: