Songs/music from yesteryear

This topic is for those old songs etc from your distant past that still occassionally pop into your mind.
I’ll make a start with one my children loved. Burl Ives … take it away big guy :ok_hand:

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Something I heard played regularly in my grandparent’s pubs.

3 Likes

I am not & never have been a fan of Benny Hill, but this is OK.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Msic composed by Charles (Charlie) Chaplin. Initially composed for Chaplin’s film Limelight (1952) and titled “Terry’s Theme”; it won an Oscar for “Best Original Dramatic Score” at the Academy Awards in 1973.

3 Likes

This is Charlie Chaplins music with add lyrics.

2 Likes

Love Eartha Kitt

2 Likes

Ella ~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

From a Jack to a King. Has been a favourite of mine since I first heard it back in the late 50s. It reminds me of the Fairground as it was always belting out, and I spent many happy hours there.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’d almost forgotten this until they played it on the radio the other day. Gives me goosebumps.

Martha Davis used to complain that she never received any royalties from other bands/singers recording her songs but Missy Higgins has just recorded Total Control so she might get a few bob.

2 Likes

Just prior to turning on my comp and for some reason turning to this feed when I did, I was singing in my head. We’ll Meet Again. Hmmm! I don’t know how to do all that photo stuff but I think it was the wonderful Vera Lynn that sang it.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a real blast from the past. My late lamented dear papa had this on 3 double sided 78s.

1 Like
2 Likes

We used to have 2 singles of these songs by Maureen Evens

1 Like