Son won't listen

Ummm…

HE asked me to teach him to drive! My youngest son has never felt dumb and stupid except when the police loaded his car onto a truck and sent the bill to him. Even that rose his status at his high school

1 Like

When your children get to a certain age, they won’t be told what to do, it undermines their confidence and their abilities.

It’s best to wait for them to ask you, what, or how they should do things.

My sister has three boys in their thirties, still living at home. They have always been told what to do and how they should do things. Is it any wonder, some adult children have no confidence.
Let them live their own lives and learn by their mistakes.

3 Likes

On the whole, I agree. In fairness to the @realspeed, in his original op, he described the use of a powertool. In some situations, one does have to leap in to prevent potential personal injury taking place.

How did people learn to use power tools before Health and Safety stepped in?

1 Like

Carefully! And often under guidance.

1 Like

I expect he wanted to save a couple of bob on lessons so he was prepared to put up with the ear bashing

So, he suffered the consequences of what he did, that’ll learn him :rofl: And bad boys always get admirers in school, that’s the life

A phrase of my granny’s keeps coming back to me reading this thread “you can’t put old heads on young shoulders” We weren’t any better and most of us survived :rofl: