Some good old songs 1970 - 1980

Edwin Starr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/dQHUAJTZqF0

The Gap Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/IeHDnF7MU90

A big favourite of mine - Chicago

I Miss You-The Blue Notes…Who Will Take The Blame-The Miracles…Power-The Temptations…Backstabbers-The O’Jays…Do Yourself A Favor-Stevie Wonder…Can’t Help But Love You-The Whispers.

I went to school with Paul and Barry… they lived on the same street as me with their Grandma because their mum Marion was always away singing …they were a couple of years ahead of me though… I remember they always wore school uniform.They were in the boys section of the school we were not allowed to mix.

Later they went to private school so we lost touch Paul of course died young…last I heard Barry had a photography studio in Manchester.

Thanks for that summer. Your school sounds like mine was, separate classes and playgrounds - in fact separate everything. Boys upstairs, girl downstairs.

Not heard about his photography studio in M/c.

Here you go, this’ll shake things up a bit. A little hidden gem from 1972. This is Agnes Strange:

Okay I’m awake I’m awake ffs… :lol:

God I was just nodding off there Floyd man.

You know what I bet he nicked that title from one of Cliff’s song’s… :lol::lol:

Bet thats made you sick. :wink:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Don’t wind me up, Longy :lol:
Don’t you think it’s an interesting track though. Plays that there guitar like ol’ Jimi in his prime…and then some!:035:

:lol::lol:
I thought it a great track my kind of music mate.
His album Strange Flavour as some great tracks on it as well.
I reckon its a split between Folk/Rock n Roll and Heavy Metal. :slight_smile:

But back to my mate Cliff I remember him singing a song called You are my theme for a dream yes you are, :lol::lol:

Hey its Sunday today that reminds me I had better get his Born Again Christian albums out to play in the background… :wink:

Aaaarrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:shock::shock::shock:

Can I-Eddie Kendricks…Girls-The Moments…Feelings-Walter Jackson…It’s A Shame-The Spinners…Move Me No Mountains-Love Unlimited.

Hey Vynlman should rename you (Mr Soulman) some nice sounds. :wink:

A new version for me and so much better than the one I know.

Thank you my man.

That last lot just reminded me of the brilliant Billy Ocean

I wonder LD did those yellow dungarees ever catch on.
I know the orange ones did over here it was BQ but in the states it was the prisons.

Same thing really I suppose… :lol:

Shocking aren’t they. :lol::lol: