So sad when people fight

It’s difficult to know what happens between couples but it can be worrying to witness fights

Sometimes, if the other party is bully or violent at home, disagreeing outside where there are witnesses can feel safer?

The man’s reaction was aggressive and violent, both in his words and his action so I’d be concerned if he’s like that in public, how does he treat her indoors? Not much self-control there?

And why did she follow him out instead of staying out or running for the hills?

I’m an interfering old buddy but I’d have asked her if she was OK

1 Like

Right…if they will do it in public, then you know it is just as bad, if not many times worse at home… :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I find this depressing but a little fascinating. I’ve noticed this in a few younger people - the inability to contain anger and the willingness to make a vicious, public action. It seems to me that many people now lack the social awareness (or care) about conducting such vocal and physical actions in public. It also strikes me that some have not gained control of their temper and not moved on from the toddler-like behavoiur of throwing a tantrum when things don’t go their way. How did an older generation gain more control over themselves and why does this younger generation seem more unable to do so?
Or am I fooling myself and lots of people did this in the past as well?

2 Likes

And technology comes into play too, it seems to be considered quite normal or routine to have a blazing row with someone on a mobile phone in public. Some of the ’ conversations ’ that we used to have to listen to on the bus during the school run when I took my son to school on the bus would make your hair curl!

1 Like

Tik Tok and X. Are the pits. :angry:
In there perpetual portrayal, of the worst, that besets the Western World.
Influencing the young [Teens and Twenties.] To Emulate. As if Aggression was Essential.
The problem is. The likes of long established platforms like Yahoo. Are going the same way. Favorably Chosen topics. Those of Violence Doom and Despondency.

2 Likes

@Bretrick I really cannot understand how and why some couples become so wound up, the only way they can then communicate is in anger.
My 1st fiancée could bottle things up until she had no option but to fly off the handle and an angry Caro was somewhat hard to calm down. However, we did finally part as good friends and remained so until her death in June 2010 and likewise her mum Margaret until she died.

1 Like

I also blame bad TV / cable dramas. The director wants attention grabbing behaviour so there’s lots of shouting, gesticulating, throwing, storming. It’d be boring if all the characters decided to be calm, seek common understanding and each others point of view. Anyone growing up with the drama programs doing high octane drama all the time might think such way of communicating was normal !!

4 Likes

They have not matured emotionally. Maybe role models were scarce. Maybe they emulate what they grew up in. Chaos and despair. A myriad of reasons of which we will not know.

1 Like

How a woman can follow a man treating her like that, is beyond me. :scream:

2 Likes

Anger seems to be the dominant emotional response to just about any perceived hurt. I hope the young woman ended the relationship with the man who threw the milkshake. Not just for throwing the milkshake but for the language as well.

1 Like

We have yet again have angry closes family members…once again it is about inheritance I might get from an Uncle this time that lived in Australia since the 50’s. No children and so just my Sister and myself and a Cousin that we think has passed away…He told me we wanted his estate to go to the lives mainly for their well being for care of Animals and I said that is such a good thing to do…But

1 Like

There is a lot of blame culture going on.

1 Like

The Winner Today. Is the Looser Tomorrow. There’s Always Someone >> Better.

1 Like

Very angry people around now !!
And clashes of personalities ….

1 Like

I read somewhere that a couple of schools, one in Australia and one in Scotland, did a trial of teaching 11/12 year old children philosophy. Then tracked their behaviour and educational performance over the next years. Turned out that these kids did better at school, got better grades and were less prone to temper tantrums and bad behaviour. It seems the children were more aware of themselves and how they reacted - and more empathetic to others.
Of course, it being successful and it being a bit “right on” this trial was canned and never used again.

2 Likes

That would be. Gordonstoun Moray. And Geelong GS [Timbertop]
Both Private/Public schools. [An enigma in its self]. As Eton and Harrow et al.
The subtle difference being.
They toughen up Morality and Physical effort,
Producing Leaders from the Front.
As opposed to Leaders. Good at Talking the Talk.
Diabolical at Walking the Walk.
King Charles 2 'Just About 'made the grade! :wink:

Actually I was not referring to private schools at all. The ones I referred to were Burunda state school in Brisbane (in 1997) and a number of state primary schools in Clackmannanshire (in 2001).
(And what’s with capital letters in front of random words?)

Thankyou for clarifying. Apologies for invading the Missive.
Re Use of capitals. A convenient method of Emphasis.

Your comment about private schools providing philosophy (and not doubt many other beneficial studies) was well made. Those with lots of money get more & better - and a huge advantage.

Exactamente.