So sad when people fight

Sitting have a coffee at Macca’s in the outdoor area, young couple walk in, sit down, She has a look I can not describe, pure anger ,mixed with sadness, she says something to him, he picks up her milkshake and tosses it against the wall, gets up, "F…k you, B.tch and storms off. She follows him out :icon_sad:

It’s uncomfortable for me to witness a fight like this, and I have over the years, and most
always it seems at a coffee shop.

2 Likes

About three years ago, as I was sitting having coffee, a ‘couple’
walked in, male ordered, then they seated themselves, few minutes later got up to go pick
up their lattes at the serving counter. Female says “after all these
years, you should know I dislike lattes!” He mumbled something, could not hear what.
She grabbed her purse, says to him "you are such an idiot’ then walks out the door leaving
him sitting alone.

1 Like

Never a pleasant thing to see couples fighting. One wonders what family life is like for them.
Really sad indeed.

1 Like

Your local Maccas does seem to provide quite a bit of entertainment.

1 Like

it is - “I wonder what entertainment will be provided today” :grinning:

1 Like

yes but all couples fight sometimes.

No excuse for throwing milkshakes or anything though.

2 Likes

Hi

Arguing with your sisters is normal,part of growing up.

Hitting them is not.

They are allowed to hit you, you are not allowed to hit them back.

I would never have hit my sisters, I have seen what happened to boys who hit them, not a pretty sight, my sisters were ruthless. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m been in households where anger is not acceptable in any form, so the anger lingers. Looking happy all the time can also be sad too.

The example in the OP may not have been the best way to express the disagreement or the anger, but anger itself is a valid emotion.

“Fighting” looks different to different people. It should obviously never be physically harmful and preferably not emotionally harmful either.

2 Likes

Hi Butterscotch, I focused in on your statement “fighting” looks different to different people. I told a friend this evening I was disappointed we didn’t get to meet up this evening. That lead to a spiral of extreme fuse to what felt like gas lighted. From my perspective I was trying to talk, from his, i was arguing. Very subjective between folks that’s fighting and what’s someone trying to talk.

We’re in permanent time out now. Another great thing of getting older, very short fuse of not wanting unnecessary drama. Still bothers me though. Known the person for awhile to be told off like that. Sometimes it pays to be a hermit and not talk to anyone.

3 Likes

Coffee seems to bring out the worst in people, things were calmer when Tea was the choice of hot beverage.

1 Like

Do we know he was drinking coffee ?

Not much point being in a Coffee Shop if he wasn’t.

1 Like

He was in McDonalds

Coffee was probably involved, it always is, the queue time in Greggs has increased from one minute to 5 minutes because of the Coffee, no wonder folks are getting angry!

1 Like

Greggs
Home of donuts heart attacks a free extra .

Greggs is like a “Village People” appreciation society nowadays, full of high viz safety helmeted clad guys, waiting for their “Frothy Coffee”!

2 Likes

Maybe he was kicked out of charm school,and was p…ed off.

1 Like

It’s difficult to know what happens between couples but it can be worrying to witness fights

Sometimes, if the other party is bully or violent at home, disagreeing outside where there are witnesses can feel safer?

The man’s reaction was aggressive and violent, both in his words and his action so I’d be concerned if he’s like that in public, how does he treat her indoors? Not much self-control there?

And why did she follow him out instead of staying out or running for the hills?

I’m an interfering old buddy but I’d have asked her if she was OK

1 Like

Right…if they will do it in public, then you know it is just as bad, if not many times worse at home… :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes