Snow White & the seven dwarfs

Did anyone see in today’s paper that a remake of this childhood story is being made, but objections are being made because it is felt it is " offensive to dwarfs."

So how do you feel about this?

Yep, saw this, don’t know, there are pros and cons as usual.

Well they are a little stereotyped with their little floppy hats and cute little trousers.
And all men too.

Oh this is so ridiculous…they made Snow White a Latino didn’t they?

The fact is that a woman is living with a different man for every day of the week…! And we are complaining about the size of the men? :joy:

Seriously though…Its a childhood story that has been loved by children for years…! I wish they would stop messing around with things like this.

3 Likes

It’s a fairy tale a long time ago. History, done. Reversing it is just silly. If people want new new fairy tales then write new fairy tales.

5 Likes

Exactly! Stop putting 21st Century ideals onto it.

2 Likes

Totally agree PK.

1 Like

Have they ditched the evil and wicked stepmother too?

As a stepmother myself, I object to the stereotypical evil Stepmother! …

:exploding_head: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :woman_zombie: :077:

:stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, thats another point, Boot. The stereotyped evil step-mother! :grinning:

Wonder if old Witches will get the boot next! (That wasnt a pun on your name, either) - honest. :grinning:

2 Likes

Oi! Watch it! … this Boot was made for walking … :rofl:

1 Like

When people with dwarfism are being called Dopey etc, is a change that bad?

2 Likes

It’s to be hopes they never get their hands on Sleeping Beauty … and that fornicating Prince.

[quote=“PixieKnuckles, post:4, topic:88537”]
Oh this is so ridiculous…they made Snow White a Latino didn’t they?
[/quote]

Where was that, Starbucks? :icon_wink:

1 Like

Poor Dwarfs.
I really think they should stand up for themselves

They already have. There was trouble because they said the Prince kissed her without her permission. I am serious , I coukdnt believe it

Yeah but LQ, he was a Handsome Prince, if he was a minger, he would have been on the offenders register by now. :icon_wink:

2 Likes

How is this in the news today? It was more than 6 years ago - the Panto was running from Dec 2015 - Jan 2016 :102:

Think someone is making a Film

It’s no different to the remake of Anne Boeylin using a bleck actress in the title role. I can say what TV channel aired it as I did not watch the series because history cannot be rewritten.

2 Likes

Oh Gawd, yes Mort. I’d forgotten about that one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: