Snow news is bad news

Bet there are few Lesions in Iceland. Not the food place.

No, youā€™re thinking of La Nina which is supposed to be breaking down at the moment, that just means more rain because of warmer water off the east coast not ridiculously cold weather. El Nino brings drought and hot weather.

None hereā€¦ yet!

I knew it was something along those line.

On the plus side heavy snowfall does make everyoneā€™s garden look the same

Come to think of it, Iā€™m surprised RS hasnā€™t posted a video.

1 Like

Behave! :rofl:

Talking of videos this popped up in my in box. It say it is in Gloucestershire and I know an Old Bath Road near where I grew up in Cheltenham so I wonder if it is the Leckhampton Hill area?

I can only reiterate that I donā€™t miss snow even the tiniest bit.

It only belongs on Christmas cards.

ah come on guys and gals donā€™t you remember bein a young mom and dad and wakin up xmas morn with the kids jumpin all over ya bed and shouting ā€˜come on da/maā€™ itā€™s snowin outside and we wanna go out and get really really cold until we have tears streamin down our face!!

This morning, warmer than yesterday which was -5 at 8 oclock, just 0 today , forecast is for rain tomorrow.

Looking at this from another angle, Southern Water have sent an email to customers advising them to consider the possibility of burst pipes at the end of the weekend given the relatively sudden change of temperature. Itā€™s going to be around 13 degrees down here on Monday.

1 Like

packs bucket & spade, and books train ticket

1 Like

Good luck with the trains, strikes or not :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sā€™alright, Iā€™ve just checked the Met Office and they say its 13 where I am too, so Iā€™ll just sit in the garden :joy:

1 Like

Quite odd to be watching the World Cup final this afternoon with snow outside. Have seen this for a week meanwhile and woke up to a chilly -11Ā°C this morning.

2 Likes

Minus 11degrees chilly? I think Iā€™d be inclined to use slightly more robust language :slightly_smiling_face:
Weā€™ll be watching the football too , plenty of festive snacks and refreshments at hand of course.

2 Likes

So would I but I understated it deliberately because I had often heard someone say it was chilly when I thought it was pretty cold. :wink:

1 Like

No idea about you, but Iā€™m sitting here (around midday) in a t shirt, without the heating on as it doesnā€™t feel cold enough to warrant it. Maybe the recent spell has hardened me up a bit?

1 Like

Itā€™s a balmy 13Ā°C outside here in the NW - inside itā€™s 21Ā° with no heating ā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like