Snow news is bad news

What a difference a few days make in Banff, Alberta.

Bruce, why did you have to pay the Grandkids $9 each to go to the beach :icon_wink:

Have you got snow today?

I think I’ve worked out what us newly retired people can do all day …… :rofl:

5 Likes

No, but here along the south coast, snow is a rarity; although I do have to wonder why snow fall in England often causes a lot of chaos.
My wife’s homeland, Sweden, deals with it frequently and very good at it they are too :+1:

1 Like

We have been enjoying bright sunshine this last few days, despite the Yellow Snow Warnings.
They had snow on the North East coast this week but, unusually for us, we’ve had none here, at the foot of the North Yorkshire Moors.

It makes a change to see there’s more snow in the South than up here today - gather your snowmen while ye may! :snowman_with_snow: :snowman:

I have a feeling the forecast said a bit of snow or sleet is heading our way in the next day or two - but they said that a few days ago too and we didn’t get any :sunny:

1 Like

We had 15cms of snow yesterday but the sun is shining today.

1 Like

What a great start to your retirement Maree, more fun to come too! :grinning:

2 Likes

On April 1st I am watching cricket here…
Tweeted by Glamorgan CCC this morning

No rugby for me tonight either.

No, I have found that it is rare for snow to fall when temperatures are in the high 20s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my poor auntie, she’s going to be sweltering!

Spot the Simon Cowell trousers :smiley:

No snow where I am in North Yorkshire right now.

I remember building an igloo with pals when I was a kid we never get snow like that now…anyone remember wearing socks as gloves :slight_smile:

1 Like

No snow here on the south coast …that’s the way I like it.

1 Like

Heavy snow now.

Just a bit of fine stuff on and off and turning to sleet and rain.
The North Yorks Moors Boot… :sunglasses:
I’ve spent almost all of my walking and running career chasing around the Moors on a variety of events…
The Lyke Wake Walk and race…(my favourite) 21 crossings including a double…
Saltergate circuit…
Bilsdale Circuit…
White Rose Way…
The Crosses Walk…
The Cleveland Circuit…And the Cleveland Way…
And a multitude of shorter walks and runs…

1 Like

Yep - I’ve lived most of my life around here and I’ve done most of the long distance walks over the Moors and in the Dales in my lifetime - they are popular walks for incomers and visitors too. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve woken up to a winter wonderland…covered in snow it looks lovely.

So have I.
This area had dodged the snow so far this year but it arrived during the night.

I’m looking forward to pulling my wellies on and going for a tramp through the snow this morning - but I may wait until it’s stopped falling! :snowman_with_snow:

so OGF you have moor or less been everywhere over it. :grinning:

1 Like

I woke up this morning and it still hadn’t snowed.

1 Like