Sliding and Skating Sports are back…

All live on you tube

And Speedskating

And the other winter sports like biathlon, ski jumping, and alpine skiing as well. As for the latter, I heard they are moving higher up the mountains to have sufficient snow and ski jumpers have to stick to mat jumping longer than ever.

1 Like

The early season speed races have been suffering from too much snow and high winds.
One didn’t happen until yesterday.
When I first got Eurosport twenty odd years ago alpine ski races were being cancelled because there was no snow.
And cross country races were taking place on man made snow in an ocean of greenery.
The weather is fickle.
And yeah…ski jumping had a winter event in Wisla last year where they jumped onto mats…but it was only one.
Don’t normally see that after the Summer Grand Prix.
Anyway I’m glued to my Eurosport App and you tube all day…in the absence of a rugby match for my team.

You’re right, it was in Wisla only (couldn’t remember the place) and it had the charm of a roulette table. That ocean of greenery could also be seen at some locations where the biathlon World Cup took place last year. The fact remains that larger areas at least in Europe are not snowsure any more which makes planning big time events more difficult. A large number of skiing resorts for tourists in the Alps have been struggling, too.

1 Like

Yeah…plenty where this weekends events are though.

1 Like

Another men’s race bites the dust.
Heavy snow has cancelled todays men’s slalom
And St.Moritz goes too.

1 Like