Sleep apnoea and using CPAP machine

Husband was diagnosed with severe sleep apnoea a few months ago and is really struggling with the CPAP machine. He was stopping breathing 30 times an hour and this was also causing high BP. He is not overweight at all, eats a healthy diet, doesn’t smoke and rarely drinks.

We have spoken to lots of people with these machines and haven’t met anyone who has such problems with it as he has. He is already on his third mask from the hospital as they all leak and the nurse has just ordered him a new machine.so that will be number 2. His is so loud it’s like being in a tent in the middle of a galeforce wind. We are now in separate rooms.

On the plus side his BP has come down a bit but he hasn’t had a good night’s sleep for months.

Anybody else had trouble with these machines? We did expect a few weeks to get used to it but it’s now months with no signs of any progress.

1 Like

I am not much help RoseRed,but a friend of mine had the same problem with her husband,and it took well over 6 months to improve I do feel for you both.

@RoseRed The only way around the noise is to fund your own machine. The ResMed AirSense is the latest and supposedly the quietest.

AirSense 10 AutoSet With HumidAir (Card-to-Cloud Version)

Introducing the quietest CPAP machine on the market—the light-sleeper-friendly AirSense 10™ Card-to-Cloud is quieter than a whisper at only 26 decibels to not disturb you or your partner. Without breaking the bank, the Airsense 10 Card-to-Cloud has the same comfort features as the original AirSense 10, such as SmartStart, AutoRamp, Mask Fit, and Climate Control—just without the built-in cellular communication modem. Take control of your own sleep apnea therapy data—the AirSense 10 Card-to-Cloud machine includes an SD card to help you track comprehensive data about your sleep apnea therapy, allowing you to receive therapy support from your doctor and gather compliance reports. *Please note: The AirSense 10 Card-to-Cloud device is not compatible with the ResMed MyAir App.

CPAP.com 100% Price Protection Guarantee
When you shop with us, we want you to be confident that you are receiving the best available price. If this item goes on sale or you spot an online or retail competitor with a lower price within seven days of your purchase, let us know, and we will credit you the difference.