Skin care- is there really something that actually works?

Exactly anise …water is the best for everything !!
I drink about the same either 1.5 ltrs or the 2ltrs bottle

1 Like

Botox ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Wow your brave !

1.5 to 2 ltrs i think lookingforward

No, of course there isn’t and using heavy creams will block your pores and give you spots!

They’re all the same really, just adding a little moisture to the surface of your skin to stop it getting too grey

It’s just a question of experimenting to find one that suits your skin. Start with the cheapest and work up!

I quite like Dr Organic Royal Jelly from Holland and Barrett

This one caused a stir when surveys seemed to suggest it worked a bit

Keep it as simple as possible. You don’t need 20 different facial cleaners.

Soap and water, pat dry and lotion your skin afterwards. That’s what my black (american) grandmother told me haha

I believe they use a numbing cream. It’s the wrinkles around my eyes :eyes: that’s the issue. I’m not even sure if it can be remedied. It’s tough getting older. I’m definitely wiser though.

1 Like

I think skincare products have an expiry date.

Your skin is the biggest organ in your body - essentially your gut/intestine, so eating clean helps.

I also do not use any soaps on my face unless I really have to (like if a dog licks me or something).

If I had dry skin I would try coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil etc, but wipe on and off (otherwise your body will try to ‘dry’ your skin making any issues worse).

1 Like

My gran used Ponds cream. A lot less choice on the market in those days - now the shelves are groaning with all kinds of moisturisers/ skin creams.

My sister always used Astral, not sure if it’s still around.
I don’t like smelly creams, that’s why i prefer fragrance free Simple products.

1 Like

Bio oil is great

1 Like

this sounds interesting and promising to simplify my inventory of lotions and creams.

Minx please let me know how the botox goes. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time.

1 Like

I am going to be kind of sad if you have perfect skin. this means I’ve been going about it wrong for decades. but awesome regime! kudos on it!

1 Like

My mom and grand mother …Ponds fanatics! our house spelled pondsy most nights.

1 Like

Thank you all for the great ideas and posts. much appreciate all the inputs!

I once worked with a lady who was addicted to botox. She looked permanently surprised.

@LookingForward Some time ago, I had a few skin problems and sought advice from my doc. She told me to stop using all types of soap and then she prescribed Dermol Lotion 500 for me to use as a soap substitute and general emollient. That must have been around 8yrs ago, maybe longer, and since then my dry/flaking skin fully recovered to how it used to be. I’m still prescribed the soap substitute every 4wks and I still use it during daily bathing/shower. As my wife’s carer, I also use it on her skin too :+1:

1 Like

I have had a look Minx,no expiry date to be seen.

My expiry date is long past and each day I awake with a mind that is still my own is a day to rejoice :+1::grin:

Take biotin and collagen

1 Like